Singapore offer for 5K per month with 8 years of experience in Java

Hi Guys,

I am from India, Bangalore. Having around 8 years of Java and eclipse plugin development experience. I have been associated with product development companies all these years.

I got an offer from Singapore,They are ready to offer 5K/per month as a senior software(Here I am working as Lead engineer). But I am just confused to take this offer, consider I am feeling it's very low for my experience and skill set.

I am earning around 19lakhs/annum in India. And they said, they provide employment pass to singapore. It's a direct recruitment to the company.

Few clarifications
1. Is it good to move with this salary ?
2. Will i able to save anything over there ?
3. How much is the cost of living for family(2 members)
4.How much i can ask , if there is a an opportunity to ask them again.

Thank you,
Srinivas

Hi srinivas ,

I think its low package , if you share your room with colleagues or friends based on normal living style its OK . because I am not lived there ,as per china experience .
Currently I am living in chennai ,India .
Thanks

Hey,

I suggest you should reject the offer or ask for higher Salary. I also got the offer from Singapore and will be moving soon but with much higher Salary. Your Salary in India is pretty good and you can have wonderful lifestyle in India, but if you move to Singapore you and your family will have to compromise with many things. Simply you won't be having the same lifestyle that you are having currently in India. I suggest you to contact someone in Singapore and get their opinion or travel for a week and understand the lifestyle and cost of living.

Meanwhile go through below website

gatewaysingapore.com/living-in-singapore/money-matters/cost-of-living-in-singapore-2/

All the best,

Regards,
Kailash

As an IT expert with 8 years of experience, you should be in the range of S$8k/month - but Indians are usually offered much less, because there are too many of your countrymen desperate to move to Singapore.
Assuming "2 family members" means you and your wife, you could manage to lead a simple lifestyle on S$5000/month. But if it's 2 members plus you (i.e. one kid), then forget it!

Hi,

I have moved to Singapore a few days ago.
Considering your current salary and that being offered to you in Singapore, i would suggest you to stay back in India.
With a package of 19lacs in India, you can have a lavish lifestyle as well as save. While only one of this can happen in Singapore. Rentals are costly. Cars are super expensive. So you'll end up living a middle class life or have no savings at the end of the month.

Regards,
Tushar.