Astorian in Pune - Exciting Stuff

Hello everyone,

My name is Murat and I just moved to Pune in August from New York. Now that I have most of the boring move-related tasks taken care of, it is time to meet new people here! Especially looking forward to hearing from other expats with their suggestions/advice about the social life here.

So don't be shy and drop me a line if you have any interest in answering a million questions about Pune -preferably over drinks.

Cheers!

Hey everyone,

Even though this thread seems to be stupendously unpopular, here is an another question for everyone:

What is the best way to get around in Pune? I have a driver, but I want to be able to give him a day off as often as I can, also not have to keep him until late night. So I am in need of an alternative here...

Yesterday I joined some guys for a soccer game in Viman Nagar, and I booked a cab to go there, then come back home. Strangely, cabs seem to be in the habit of arriving early (by as much as 30 minutes, based on a total of 6 trips 100% accurate) and then calling you every 30 seconds until you get really annoyed so you leave whatever you are doing to make sure they don't take off. So once again it got really annoying when I was at the game, and I didn't want him to take off so I just left early. So now, cab doesn't sound like a great alternative.

Rickshaw is alright over small distances but from Magarpatta to Viman Nagar for example, takes forever.

I feel like I have to get a motorbike here. It is a bad idea apparently and everyone is trying to talk me out of it.

I don't even know the point of my post anymore, haha. It seems I am doing a great job shooting down each possibility on my own!

hi just type on ur computer
MEETUP GROUPS IN PUNE
and join 2-3 groups of ur choice to make friends & enjoy
helpall

hi if u have a car & driver there is no problem. i pay 11000 pm 2 my driver plus rs 50 per hour overtime, & he,l b happy 2 stay as long as u like
helpall