Apartment in safe & middle class neighbourhood in Santo Domingo

I'd like to rent a one bedroom apartment in a safe and middle class neighbourhood in Santo Domingo for six months.  My budget for the apartment is $300 a month. What are your suggestions? (Neighbourhoods that you know of,  budget reasonable (?), how to search for apartments in Santo Domingo, ex.).

Planner lives in Santo Domingo and I am sure she will post on this question tomorrow.  Me, I am on the north coast so really have no information on living in SD

Bob K

I assume you also need furnished, even a 1 bedroom furnished on a 6 month contract will cost more then this.  I think you are looking 400 to 450.

Thanks anyway, Bob K!

Yes, Planner, I'd like it to be furnished. And thank you for responding.

YOu are very welcome. It will not be easy to find but can be done. If you have FB go to "everything Santo Domingo" and there are some ads on there for furnished apt in the University area.  That might work for you.  Also close are spanish classes, some grocery stores, access to the Metro and other transportation.

A question Planner, by University area do you mean the areas surrounding the Universidad Autónoma de Santo Domingo (UASD)?

Yes.