Moving to Indonesia - Jakarta

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this site - I'm an expat from Australia, currently living in Auckland New Zealand and will be moving to Indonesia at the end of the year.  Would love to network with people, make new friends and get to know more about the beautiful Indonesian culture, food, places to stay etc - I guess I'm trying to get the inside scoop on what to expect.  I'm excited about the moved but terrified at the same time - not sure what to expect.  I'm sure it will be an adventure. Any advice from the experts would be most welcome.

Cheers,
Selma
[email protected] :lol:

Hi Selma

I'm Yudi from Java, I hope you like living in Indonesia, you can visit to eastern Java and Bali are beautiful.

Regards
Yudi agusdiono

hi i am also trying to move to Indonesia i have interaction with Indonesian  past 10 years in Saudi Arabia they are helpful nice

syed zee wrote:

hi i am also trying to move to Indonesia i have interaction with Indonesian  past 10 years in Saudi Arabia they are helpful nice

That's one of the especially nice things about Indonesia - the people are always so nice to strangers (almost always).
If you want to see more of real life in Indonesia, click here.

Great pics mas fred, that is indeed showing one side of the daily life in Indonesia.

Selmap, what makes you come over here and in which part of Indonesia you plan to move anyway??

Selamat pagi Yudi,

Yes I am looking forward to coming to Indonesia....and definitely I have eastern java on my travel plans.  Is it much different to Jakarta?

Talk soon!

cheers selma

hi happy hour,

my business partners and I are looking to expand in Indonesia and our head office will be located in Jakarta somewhere so I need to confirm where in Jakarta because from the sound of previous posts traffic is chaos over there??? I thought Sydney traffic in the morning was bad I heard Jakarta is worse????  happy hour do you live in Jakarta?

hope to talk soon!
cheers selma

It's true, the traffic is a nightmare and one should be aware of it once you decide about the location of your office and your home here.

Yes, I am living in Jakarta  ;)

Selamat siang Selma

yes, away about one day riding by car,one hour by plane.

cheers
Yudi agusdiono

Hi Selma

In East Java near my house there mosium early human (Homo phitecantropus), I can guide you there.

cheers
Yudi agusdiono

Hi Selma. It is nice to know you here.
Are  U start learn Bahasa now. If you like to learn Bahasa when you are in Jakarta. I can introduce some friend for you. I am live in guangzhou, china now. But I am Indonesian.

Hi Selma. My name is Yelena. I am Ukrainian that moved to Jakarta from USA. I will tell you my story of moving to Indonesia and you try to analyse it and get some alcohol to adapt to the local speed of life  :) . First 2 months we stayed  with our friends ( buy the way i did not come along . There are my daughter and my husband as well )It was not so easy to live with another family especially when you family is christian and them - Muslim. Traditions and habits are different but we survived.We had to find house , take a cabs , find stores that we need all on our own and on top of it with no language.It was frustrating. People move with a speed of a snail not only fiscally  but mentally as well. But those that move to Indonesia because company sends them having less trouble. You can go to the agency and they will   find you anything you want but  of cause the price will be different from the price we payed. Thanks to my husband ( he had to learn Bahasa faster then I) we found things we need and saved money. It took time but after staying here only for 3 months we got beautiful house  400 m2 ( cheap), good school for the daughter ,farmer's milk delivered to the door,whole sale grocery  stores , farmer markets , good ( relatively cheap and healthy) restaurants . Be ready to the very slow  life stile and completely different way of thinking if you want to succeed. :)  Have a good one.

Hi Selma

Im hadi
many place and good cultural here
Please contact me if you come indonesia
i can support you

Thank you

Hi Yelena

Im hadi indonesian origin
Yes , i agree with your statement
But in indonesian people always kind and honestly
Which city you stay in indonesia

Hi

I'm from Sri Lanka. Hoping to move to Jakarta. Appreciate if you could explain me the living condition, rent (Apartments), Average monthly expenses for living. I would love to have a very good friend from Jakarta or even a expat living in Jakarta.

Thank you

Kuma83 wrote:

Hi

I'm from Sri Lanka. Hoping to move to Jakarta. Appreciate if you could explain me the living condition, rent (Apartments), Average monthly expenses for living. I would love to have a very good friend from Jakarta or even a expat living in Jakarta.

Thank you

You will find all informations if you use the search options here....

Just moving here will not work anyway, you need the right visa/permit

Yes, read the previous posts about Indonesia. You will find all the answer.