How to make friends in Jordan

Primadonna wrote:

Both.

In the beginning when I came here I found out that friendships with expats are without content.
You can not make real or deep friendship with them because they will leave sooner of later.
And when you care for someone it is hard to say goodbye every time when one of them leaves.
That hurts sometimes.

So I tried to focus on the local.
In my case very difficult because I live not in a fancy area and the people are on their own. They invite me for tea but I see never them at my place. Besides this I found out that their mentality do not match with mine...

Now, I don't care with whom I become friends, as long their is a "click" and I like to spend some time with.
As long I feel comfortable with that person and I can learn or get inspired by them, it makes me a better person.

You are right about what you say.. The thing is i call friends the ones i can trust, not the ones i spend some time with.. These are to me just people i know... I don't think people from a fancy area mix a lot with others, unless there is a big amount of trust.. All in all i see too much opportunism, everybody blames the economy, but what has the economy to do with a friendships!

Agreed :top::one

if  you  want  to visit petra fell free to contact me
nawwaf  little petra

@ Nawwaf:

I appreciate that you interact/contribute more then only "inviting" people when they visit Petra and give your telephone number to them. For safety reasons I suggest that you don't share these kind of information.

Thank you.

I believe no one serious in meeting new friends

thank you for  this  information ,and  hope  to met you one  day her in petra,it is  nice  to know  from the  other people.
nawwaf

I Have met many expats from Networks and its work well,until now we still in touch,well,as long as your intention is to making friends with them and willing to socialite in a Big group and it works well,in my experience..Many "Expats" are not willing to socialite in Group,they are more into personal meeting up (which not interest me) and they expect something more than "after meet up" :rolleyes:...Anyway,try to be more socialite or willing to be Socialite with the Expats,u will Thank me Later :D..Good Luck

Hi
Friendship is not a thing you can expect in few months. it is something that you build up over time.
what an expat is looking for is to feel in place; appreciated, important and has a role where he/she is.
So, take the first step, participate in social, religious or humanitarian activities, on a micro or macro scale.
Just take the initiative and do good.
people here seem too preservative and they might be. but they are good hearted.
they are as frightened to enter into a new relationship just as you are.
Take the first step and you will be fine.

"Getting knocked down in life is a given. Getting up and moving forward is a choice."~Zig Ziglar.

hi their , looking for new freind, ure welcome

1-Spend more time around people. If you want to make friends, you first need to put yourself out there somehow in order to meet people.

2-Join an organization or club with people who have common interests.

3-Join a sports team.

4- Volunteering is also a great way for people of all ages to meet others

5-Make eye contact and smile.

6-Start a conversation

7-Ask them out for lunch or coffee.

8-Don't do anything to pressure someone into being friends with you.

9-Be a good friend

10-Be loyal to a friend

ahmed albess wrote:

1-Spend more time around people. If you want to make friends, you first need to put yourself out there somehow in order to meet people.

2-Join an organization or club with people who have common interests.

3-Join a sports team.

4- Volunteering is also a great way for people of all ages to meet others

5-Make eye contact and smile.

6-Start a conversation

7-Ask them out for lunch or coffee.

8-Don't do anything to pressure someone into being friends with you.

9-Be a good friend

10-Be loyal to a friend

Great post!

Just smile  :)

It's difficult to make real friends here ( have 1 ) outside the expats network.. Everybody wants something! Best of to get married to a person we really like to spend life with. Compensates for all the Dumbo we all have once met and trusted...

hey u there

Well now in Aqaba, where its cheaper to drink at home, Got to learn how to cook there way.But I love the rugged openness .Just got to find something to do when I'm not working.I love making wine and messing around. a quiet pint and to talk crap (politics, and world affairs ) Maybe that's why I came here , to escape. Lol

First 6months is the toughest,but with my Friendly personality,i made a loot of friends especially expats and time goes by
i know which one is my friend which one is not,some peoples will just get misunderstood with the first gesture impressions i made,but more peoples is great to be with and stick untill now...and we become even more close to each other,so,Guys..basically,just be selective of choosing your "friends" Not all smiling faces is your friends !

No number exposing on forum,Please ! And Please EB is not for Hook up,you are Totally came to the Wrong Site  :o

Hey all ... am looking for new friends guy's or girl's .......Have a fun visit a nice place's exchange a language  walking together and more .......... Thanks all have a nice day .... [email protected]

where in amman do you live? thats where my boyfriend is....

Hi, I'm a Jordanian female who lived in Europe and had a British education. I returned to my homeland but have been VERY LONELY since. I regret to say that I have not been able to give and take with the people.

Are Jordanan females allowed to join? If so, would you please be kind enough to give me the full address as well as the telephone numbr? I'd very much appreciate your answer asap.

Thanks and best regads.

Hi..I'd like to be your friend..lol

I sent you an email

That would be nice to visit petra again. Is just hard cause it is expensive.

Hello, everyone

Hope i get to see Jordan again soon maybe in the next 2 years. When i do i hope to have met some of friends here. Good friends are always good to keep. I love Jordan is very special to me. I would some feedback on how to be safe and for it to be inexpensive with my son. xxx would be nice to see if anyone that can give me suggestions.
Thanks

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
MJ lopez wrote:

Hello, everyone

Hope i get to see Jordan again soon maybe in the next 2 years. When i do i hope to have met some of friends here. Good friends are always good to keep. I love Jordan is very special to me. I would some feedback on how to be safe and for it to be inexpensive with my son. rojita8123(a)gmail.com would be nice to see if anyone that can give me suggestions.
Thanks

Jordan is still safe

jordan welcome you in 2 years

Hi, why you said you had to come back? You don't like Jordan?

HI everyone
i am working in money exchange company in dubai
i have plan to visit Jordan
looking forward to have some friends and tips to make my travel comfortable

thank you

Hi,
Hope they're not hostile to the black-skinned people there?

Hi Highway

It is tough to make new friends - especially for women in Amman.  Suggest you join the Brit Club in Abdoun which shows regular sport on TV - has curry nights and Sunday lunches on a Saturday.  I am seriously considering writing a blog to help introduce like-minded people to get together for a drink etc.  At least women have the BLA (British Ladies Assn) coffee mornings etc. but for you blokes must be difficult.  I do know another Scot here and I know he goes to the Brit Club for sporting events.  Good luck !

- @Brit in Jordan

I'm Jordanian however I have not been able to make very friends, I am very sorry to say. And the main reason is that females in this society ONLY WANT TO ASK QUESTIONS and VERY PRIVATE QUESTIONS. Personally I cannot take that: I am a private person.

Hello every body
to make friend relationships in Jordan , with Jordanian ppl , I think its so easy !
Just be brave and say hello or Salam
U will surprised that wall between u and them is broken, It was not there
Jordanian ppl very friendly and hospitably
Just try to be closer
Want to check??
Write me [email protected]

- @shobaki

Hi and many thanks for offering to help.

Appreciate it.
@Zoba In Jordan

Where are you from? if I may ask.

I'm also in search of friends.

Take care.

HELLO!!  who wants to be my friend.. lol i have no friends in Jordan as well ~~ im feeling lonely ;((  lol

- @Zoba In Jordan

I would like to make friends in Amman as well.

However, they must be adults. And I do NOT  like people who ask ENDLESSS and PRIVATE questions.

Hello guys

Related to the topic of making friends and meeting new people, we are organizing a get together tonight for people on this forum in AMMAN at 7.30at Blue Fig.

Reservations are under my name "fran". It would be a good opportunity to meet people from the forum

Please confirm whether you can make it ( you can PM me until 6ish today).
See you there and bring friends!

Cheers

Fran

- @Gourmandise

Too late for me.

@duhaz77beatle like a job interview. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 I feel your pain.

@Ismailk

Well said or rather well written.

If you are from Europe, America, Australia or New Zealand, you are going to have a real lot of trouble settling down, making friends and so on.

Hello ,i would like to make some friends in jordan , people from any country ,they live in Amman city.

- @nana962

Even I am looking for friends in Amman. Their nationality does not matter so long as they speak English.

I am not agree with you Scorpy.

Just because you meet new people through your work every day, it is a great opportunity to make friends.
How do you think how people make friends? Most of the friendships starts at work. This is a fact you can't deny.

It will be different when you are a professional in the medical or psychological field, then you are ethical and legal wrong.
Because the basis of these kind of "friendships" are not equally.

- @Primadonna

What about people who don't work and have finished their studies? How and where are they to make friends?! Am asking because I am one of them.

To make friends here is not easy because the way of life is different and therefore thinking is different. It is about marriage, not making friends. It can not be compared to abroad where life as a single is meanwhile more hip than marriage. There are traditions, and everything beyond is rather uncommmon. Therefore I can not share the idea that it is easy to make  (real) friends. I suggest to be patient, make friends yourself rather than being introduced. People who go for clubbing or are easy going, will reach their goal everywhere in the world sooner than others with other ideas about making friends. I do not care when somebody tells me they have lots of friends or making friends is easy since I don't know what they are ready to give or behave, and we never know if what they say is true...
I understand all those who get bored with time, or feel annoyed. But life is different, and at least to me, it does not make sense trying to change things. If I am not happy with the way of life, it does not make any sense to adjust myself either. It would not make me happy, only others which is not the point.
I myself stagger between leaving or staying. If work does not cover one most of the day, we long for friends or a relationship.
In case I have a partnership I would not mind staying, I have the possibility to moving to the nature. Staying in the city I would not like, even with a partner.

- @JO/EU

I totally agree with you: in this part oft he world when a female and a male are friends, rumours begin and  never end tat it's to do with marriage. Therefore, I am looking for female friends only.

7 months in Jordan and i've  no friends from this country & when i trusted somebody he stapes me in the back !! holly cow !!

- @dhm231

I have been YEARS here and even I have not been able  to make TRUE  friends.
@Kate29

It's much harder than one thinks or expects, isn't it?