Men who think this is dating website

Not for nothing, but a few months ago, I received a message asking my age, when I'm clearly looking for work.  Today, I got two requests - accepted one not thinking and the guy right away calls me "my dear."  I am hardly "your dear" right away.  Hello?  But then I got another request.  This is like the new Skype message - you get requests from men who live in some third-world country.

Just wanted to know how to get rid of these requests, except NOT accepting.  Thank you all!

Laura Ryan

Darling, I also get these messages but, as an extremely handsome chap, I'm used to them.
However, I don't get skype requests from men in third world countries - do you have any tips to help me get some?

OK, I'll be a good boy.
hang on - serious hat on....

This is simple enough to sort out.
There's an "action" button at the top of the PM conversation.
Report the user and, if it's a chat up/scam/pervert job, a mod will ban the user concerned.

/serious mode - removes hat.

Hope that helps, my dear. :D

Right Mas Fred.
About Skype request: almost every week I get two or more requests from American military who almost retired.
Shall I send them to you???

On topic: one tip from me: I never accept contact request from members who just joined or without a message why they think I should add them. And trust me, I get several requests in a week. Don't know why!

http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u531/wjwoodward/DATESITE_zps40374a09.jpg

In the open forums, all postings are on public view and as such subject to moderation. In time a moderator will probably see offensive postings and take action. However, it is always much better if any member who finds a specific posting offensive in any way that they click on the REPORT triangle at the upper right-hand corner of the offending posting. This will send it immediately to TEAM and action gets taken swiftly.

Your private message mailbox, however, is just that private. Nobody sees any of your received messages unless you personally report them using the ACTION button and select REPORT from the drop-down menu. That does mean that you have to at least open the message since that's where you'll find the ACTION button.

The same ACTION button will also allow you to block further messages from any specific member should you so choose.

Most of us keep a sharp eye out for forum postings seeking or offering personal relationships and dating, we quickly notify the member that Expat-blog IS NOT A DATING SITE. If they don't pick up on the message and continue, then we ban them.

While we all do our very best, we also rely on our members to bring these matters to our attention in order to resolve things quickly.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

Live your expat project without any stress thanks to advice from expats

OR