Surfing Near Port Moresby, PNG

Hello Guys,

I'm in the process of accepting a job offer in Port Moresby. I know the risk and the danger in Port Moresby but that didn't stop me to think I can possibly surf in Sero Beach or surf spots just near Port Moresby. Just want advice since I don't know someone who can accompany me. Would it be best to join the Sero boardriders club, it's risky to travel alone esp I'm a Filipina. I'm also an amateur photographer, eager to tour around PNG and take beautiful photos someday. The only thing that bothers me is how after reading all the safety awareness. So that worries me. I'd love to meet adventurous expats as well maybe we can set up some tours together or surf together some time!!  :)

Hi my names Japhet i have just recently moved to POM from Sydney. Im also a keen surfer i was wondering if you are still in the area and if you had any luck finding a surfing community in the area? If so i would love to get in touch and hopefully go for a surf.
regards Japhet

Hey Guys I'm from PNG, please refer to this website: sapng.com

PNG surfing Association President Andrew Able is very friendly and approachable he can help you out.

sorry Andrew Abel not able hehe