Bathroom mirror!

Why do many people take pics in the bathroom mirror??  :/:/:/

I have yet to consider that question - for some reason, it never entered my head.

Gives a new meaning to a "selfie".  No have never done it.  It would confuse my small brain as everything would be reversed and I have a tough enough time telling right from left :D:D:D:D:D:D

Bpb K

The practice of taking a "selfie" in the bathroom mirror started before smartphones and the advent of frontal cameras. It was impossible to line up a shot using the traditional rear camera, since you couldn't see the screen.

Now that most smartphones, tablets and iPads also have frontal cameras so the person taking the photo can see the screen I think bathroom mirror shots will soon become a thing of the past, well except for the exhibitionists who like taking and sending "body shots'.  :cool:

I have not yet done so...........what I guess is because of the mirror..............Mirror gives you the true picture..........means the way you are.........

No it sounds scary

Actually an old attending (physician teacher) of mine once told me that every morning when he looked into the mirror if he liked and respected the grizzled face that was staring back at him then all was ok.  He always conducted his life so that he would NEVER not like that face.

Bob K

The mirror pictures are far of the worst ever taken, just like the people who put their tongue out, like a drooling dog.
Yak!

Bob K wrote:

Actually an old attending (physician teacher) of mine once told me that every morning when he looked into the mirror if he liked and respected the grizzled face that was staring back at him then all was ok.  He always conducted his life so that he would NEVER not like that face.

Bob K

Sounds like your medic is my kind of guy! I've always used the following old poem as my barometer in life...

The Man In The Glass
Peter Dale Wimbrow Sr. 

When you get what you want in your struggle for self
And the world makes you king for a day
Just go to the mirror and look at yourself
And see what that man has to say.

For it isn't your father, or mother, or wife
Whose judgment upon you must pass
The fellow whose verdict counts most in your life
Is the one staring back from the glass.

He's the fellow to please – never mind all the rest
For he's with you, clear to the end
And you've passed your most difficult, dangerous test
If the man in the glass is your friend.

You may fool the whole world down the pathway of years
And get pats on the back as you pass
But your final reward will be heartache and tears
If you've cheated the man in the glass.

You can cheat a whole world but not the man in the mirror!!!

Exactly this is the line I was searching to write but though not good in English............anyway you have written what I want to write.......

mal wrote:

u r right and u cant run from your own shadow

syed zee wrote:
mal wrote:

u r right and u cant run from your own shadow

Yes it is amazing how your "baggage" follows you everywhere you go.  Just as an aside many expats become so "running" away from something and are amazed how "baggage" is still with them and many times has gotten bigger and heavier.  It is a major reason people fail at living here in the Dominican Republic

Bob K

:))) maybe mirror has a secret about it.

I think that most of those people who are taking selfies in the bathroom mirror are doing it because they dont have privacy nor the mirror anywhere else in the house :)

And among other things...it´s really hard to take a selfie of your whole body (or upper at least) with the frontal camera only :)

Eliska "the selfie taker" :D:D

Interesting question...

Taking a picture of the wall wouldn't be very interesting.

Find activities and meet other expats

OR