Top hiring sectors In Marrakech

Hi,

let's talk about job opportunities In Marrakech.

What are the top hiring sectors?

And according to you, what are the most promising job sectors, which will keep creating jobs In Marrakech?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience,

Julien

[Moderated: please post your resume in the Hotel, catering, bar, restaurant and tourism jobs In Marrakech section]

Hi Julien,

Do you mean job opportunities for Moroccans or expats? Tourism remains the number one employers (agriculture, phosphate mining and fishing for locals) for both but other careers such as teaching, even of foreign languages, are minimal as the authorities will always hire a local person, no matter their experience as the salaries are much lower.

In the tourism sector some riads and hotels may occasionally look for bilingual staff but as most city Moroccans speak French as well as Darija (Moroccan Arabic) then opportunities are even less. I have a TEFL qualification (teaching English as a foreign language) and will take local students for lessons. I tend to get paid in the form of couscous or tajines! This suits me as I can sample various home cooking and then blog about them on the internet! (And publish articles which earn a little bit more. One has to make a living after all.)

On a more serious note the construction industry is on the rise, as is oil/gas exploration of the western Atlantic coast. Driven of course by multinational companies these will create many thousands of jobs probably to the detriment of local habitats. This, it is said, is progress, but Morocco is a relatively poor nation and what revenues do not end up with the country and government here will go into the coffers of these oligarchs.

Hi there RWT - thank you for the sharing of information :)

hi, i would like to know how much you can earn, teaching english, i dont have an english teaching certification, though i can get an IELTS and TOEFL (if there is a need, i am not native english speaker, rather pakistani, but i have had telemarketing experience working for US clients), and then tutoring can it give me something like 500$ dollars a month, i know little-to-no arabic.

JObs for expats ......Morocco...Marrakech>>> been there done that nothing is there with a salary over 500 USD. the problem is that the demand for jobs especially from locals from all types intellect , educated, certified vocational and even workers in the market is far more than the job offers.lets say 80 demand- 20 offers,  so just sit back and enjoy unemployment and the cool breeze and the good ambiance and let it go with the flow if it is going to happen it will come to you or may be NOT.I am really considering stopping my residence here cause I am getting behind of track of what I do.

Hi Julien,
It seems to me you have a lot of experience in job opportunities on Morocco generally. I'm experienced in Internet marketing and social media. Mostly for hotels/hostels and tourism generally. Do you have some good tips where I can find a job with this kind of knowledges?
Thanks
Vit

Vitek wrote:

Hi Julien,
It seems to me you have a lot of experience in job opportunities on Morocco generally. I'm experienced in Internet marketing and social media. Mostly for hotels/hostels and tourism generally. Do you have some good tips where I can find a job with this kind of knowledges?
Thanks
Vit

Hello

You'll find that Julien is the founder of the site and simply enables discussions by inaugurating threads. I don't think he would claim to have special knowledge of Morocco at all, although I am loathe to speak for him.