Flying your pet into UB

Hello All.

I am an Indian, currently based out of Mumbai (nee Bombay) and looking at taking a position in UB quite soon.

I realize "very soon" translates to the dead of winter, so I was wondering what to expect.

The internet paints a pretty wild west sort of image, imagine this is quite out of date!!

Looking forward to landing there, making friends and exploring a whole new world!

Cheers,

A.

p.s. the picture is that of my dog. I unfortunately don't seem to have any photographs of myself on this computer. and on a related point, any advice on flying your pet into UB? is it pet friendly generally, as a place?

Hello akyna,

Do note that i have created a new thread with your post on the Mongolia forum in order to give it much more visibility. :)

Thanks

Priscilla

Hi Akyna,

If you have international vaccine documents, bringing your beautiful German Shepard should not be a problem.
Make sure you ask the Embassy about the requirements.

Mongolians are quite xenophobic and they are very afraid of dogs, so on the street this gives you an advantage, nobody will bother you when you are with your dog. Getting an apartment with the dog is no problem.

Bring very warm clothes, best you order online from the USA since clothing is very expensive here.
Also warm shoes, gloves and hats.

Cheers,

Robbert