ICEAT contract with King Saud University Riyadh

Hi,
I have been offered a job with KSU through ICEAT.  Could anyone tell me a little about the PYP programme and what it is like working for ICEAT. Also how long does employment visa process take?
I am from the UK and have a family and have been told that I can apply for a permanent residency and Iqama when I arrive in Saudi. Is this likely?
How long would it take for your housing to be sorted?

Many thanks.

Teaching the PYP program has been discussed dozens of times already.  Please use the 'google custom search' box (upper right) and read the threads. Then please do get back to us with any unanswered questions.

Best of luck! :)

You really should check out ICEAT and KSU on the Saudi jobs discussion forum on Dave's ESL Cafe.

If you're there already I wish you the best of luck.
Personally I found iceat pay late or something messes up during the payment time and when you leave in an emergency they don't pay through bank transfer even though they agree to do this. I still haven't been paid since leaving and it has been over 7 months already.

If and when I do get paid I will update you.

Noorsx wrote:

If you're there already I wish you the best of luck.
Personally I found iceat pay late or something messes up during the payment time and when you leave in an emergency they don't pay through bank transfer even though they agree to do this. I still haven't been paid since leaving and it has been over 7 months already.

If and when I do get paid I will update you.

Thanks for updated info :)

thumb uppppp :P ALLIEECCAAATTT

salman_123 wrote:

thumb uppppp :P ALLIEECCAAATTT

:rolleyes:

i need :P:dumbom:

salman_123 wrote:

i need :P:dumbom:

I *knew* that's what you wanted and that's precisely *why* I didn't do it :lol:

haha :P ... ALLIIECCATT :up::heart:

btw ..how are you ?

They provide you a Hotel room for one month not near campus and will not pay for family until after one year of service.
Now that said, you have to find a place to live after 30 days with out the help of the staff. All they will say is you get approx 4000 sr and you can find nice place. Forget compound living on this and if your here to save money then that is absolutely out of the question. Most places want Indian or Pakistani bachelor.

I suggest a company like Aramco. They take care of you like your a King!

make sure you have a visa with family status. Things will get complicated if you are brought on a single person status.

inadvance wrote:

make sure you have a visa with family status. Things will get complicated if you are brought on a single person status.

That's incorrect.

My husband has had 2 jobs here.

Both jobs stated "Single" status on his contract.

But the status on your contract does not mean you can not bring your family here.

In my husbands first company, it had single status on his contract. But the company had it's own policy of no dependant visa for family, only visit visas.

Then my husbands second job, it had single status too. However, they had absolutely no problem for him to bring me over on a dependent visa. They even helped employees sort their applications.

Hope this helps

Emerald is right. Actually it does not depend on the single/family status. It mainly depends on the profession as stated in iqama. Doctors and engineers can easily bring their families while labour workers and tea boys cannot. The govt links the ability to support a family in saudi with the level of income.

Yes, all this is true except you will have to pay for your own health insurance, trips back home during your annual leave and you will have to pay for your own Iqama which is 2000 SAR . Most importantly you will not be allowed to work legally. You visa stamp will say Not Allowed to work
I recommend i direct hire with spousal sponsorship.

The information you have provided is once again, not entirely correct.

Health insurance cards are given to the dependants too, by the employer. At no cost of the employer.

Deepening on the company policy, trips back home at the end of the year are financed by the company for all the family.

Yes, the cost of 2000 SAR for the dependant visa application is paid for by the spouse looking to sponsor. This is a government fee, which is paid directly.
It is not a fee that the company pockets.

Finally, yes a dependant cannot work. If they wanted to work, and have the necessary qualifications, then I'm
Sure they would come on their own work
Visa leading to Iqama.

Hope this clarifies things

Hi, You just confirmed what I said

"Health insurance cards are given to the dependants too, by the employer. At no cost of the employer."
We are hiring many people for universities on both single and family  stata.  Also for the world's largest petroleum company. I thought I knew something about the differences but you seem to know more. I can only wish you luck and I am happy to hear that your  husband's employer will pay for your return ticket  when your husband will be leaving the country on his annual leave. That's very generous of them. I never heard that before.  Many employers in the KSA who do offer spousal sponsorship which means they offer family status visas limit the number of dependents  to 1 wife and 2 kids, then again, they might make an exception for you.

What is current up to date experience of ICEAT PNU - have promised female living premises relocated nearer to University?  Are promises more or less likely to be kept?  Do they let you have your passport and retain an exit visa?  Is there a garden in the new premises - if there are new living premises?  Have things improved or got worse since the last posts on this employer / sponsor?  Is there an expat life one can plug into?  What are transport arrangements to and from shopping venues?  If employed at PNU on contract it states that one can be redeployed outside Riyadh - but no minimum living conditions on contract.  Any suggestions on how to amend contact - what to exclude what to include?  And it's not helpful to be told go to search box on top right hand side - no such box available to me - presume it's obscured by ads.  Link would be very gratefully received.

hello

ICEAT is one of the best companies in Saudi Arabia. I've been working for them over 3 years now and I can confidently say they keep their promises. ICEAT doesn't keep the employees' passport. You can apply for an exit/re-entry visa every time you leave the country, and it's granted without any hassle. It doesn't take more than a day to get a visa.

ICEAT also facilitates multiple exit/re-entry  visas but the teacher needs to pay for it. It's very easy to get a multiple exit/re-entry and you're free to travel for 6 months in and out of the country. The company pays for one single exit/re-entry visa at the time of the teacher's annual vacation.
If you're going to travel more than one during 6 months, it's worth applying for a multiple exit/re-entry visa.

Seems pretty obvious you work for the company!