New members of the Saint Kitts and Nevis forum, introduce yourself here

Hi all,

Newbie on the Saint Kitts and Nevis forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Saint Kitts and Nevis if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hey everyone!

I'll be relocating to St Kitts in a month or so from the Washington DC area. I'd love to connect with expats on site and anyone contemplating a move! Starting over in a new country is no small task, im hoping the transition will be a bit smoother by establishing contacts!

My name is Anne-Lyse btw. Feel free to email me!

Cheers!

Now the house is on the market and the garage is full of boxes the reality is settling in that I'm actually moving to Nevis!  Hi everyone, my name is Rob Woodman and in a few weeks I leave my home for the last 10 years in Northern Virginia for the rustic scenery of Nevis.  I say rustic because I've lived in the British Virgin Islands where I felt the pace was a little higher.  I'm hoping to meet up with other Expats already in the island who can offer advise on the way of live.  My first time to the islands I was young, free and single.  This time I'm married with two kids, although I met my wife in the BVI's, so I'm looking to connect with other families to build a social life for my kids.  One extra bonus I can tell you about me is that I'm a keen home brewer.  If you love beer, I love making it!

Hi Rob,
Are your children old enough to attend school in Nevis?   

Megan

Hi Megan

I have one who's 7, just finishing first grade this year in the states and my youngest is 4 and finishing the first year of preschool.  Any pointers as to where to look at sending them?

Thanks

Rob

Hi Rob,

I am not in Nevis but have been considering moving there. I read there were two private schools on the island Lyn Jeffers and the Montessori Academy. However,  recently learned that Lyn Jeffers has closed. I cannot get ahold of the Montessori school through email and my boyfriend who is on the island has tried to call with no luck. I am just wondering where you are planning to send your children? When do you get to Nevis?

Megan

I'm currently on island right now until the second week in June.  I did find the Montessori school accidentally as I drove past but it looked abandoned.  My wife had the same problem of no one responding to her emails.  Currently, were looking into ferrying over to St Kitts to go to the international school, which I think a lot of ex-pats do, or home schooling.  Now that my stay is extended I can dig around a little better and figure things out.  Feel free to email and I'll let you know what I find out.  [email protected]

Hi All,
I am a graduates in Agriculture from Guyana and worked on several international organisation such as IDB, EU, CDB projects. Looking to work in St Kitts & Nevis or any where in the caribbean

Hi,

My name is Teresa and we are considering moving to st kitts. But I have a hard time getting info in schools.  Do you have any info or know where I can find some.  I have 3 kids, 7, 5, 2
And all other info you think it will help.
Thanks
Teresa

Hi!

I am Md. Zahidul Alam, I am from Bangladesh. I want to do a job in saint kitts. I have 4 years working experience in sales and marketing. Also have computer education and fluency in English.

If you have some work for me then let me know.

thanks in advance,
Zahid
xxx

Hi all!

I'm here because I'm applying for a job on Saint Kitts at the vet school. I've been interested in living abroad for a while and this seems like a good way to get my feet wet. Whether I get the job or not, I'm excited to learn all I can about Saint Kitts! If nothing else it might relieve the winter blues, brrrrrr.

I just accepted a job in St. Kitts and I'm set to move there in December. I'm originally from Jamaica and over the years I've lived in The Bahamas, The Turks and Caicos Islands, the United States, and Japan. I love to travel, eat, and explore. I also love my career, higher education administration. I'm hoping moving to St. Kitts will be a great experience.

I can be contacted at : xxx

Greeting all my name is Khareem from the beautiful country of St Kitts and Nevis.

Hi I just landed a job in St. Kitts.. I am currently living in the Philippines. I want to know somethings and I hope that you guys can help me. First, I want to know the cost of living in the island (rent, food, personal hygiene, transportation, utilities and the like). Second I want to know what is it like living in St. Kitts. Third how safe is it in the island. Please help me guys. :)

Hi Danica,

You should require your employer to provide you with accommodation or otherwise ask for accommodation allowance of at least 800 USD per month to get a decent one bedroom apartment.

Oliver

I am new in this forum. I would like have a chat and share all information with you people.

hi danix! ako'y isang pinoy, sa puso't diwa.hehehe nag search lang aq dito sa expat.com and found ur post. are u in st.kitts already? i have a job application there but i don't know yet if i'll be hired. hope to hear from you...by the way, my name is kidie.

Hi there I've been working on St Kitts since May 2016 live at Frigate Bay...I'm desperately trying to find a health food shop do you know of any?
I'm limited as to find time to locate certain shops as I only have Sundays off....when I have to do my laundry, housework, shopping etc and on Sundays there is very little choice in the supermarkets !!!!!
Would be grateful for your advice!
Also I'm seeking a reputable dive course ? Any tips?
Kind regards
Jim .

Hi Khareem......
I wonder if you can advise of a great local fish restaurant ?
And also any Health Food shops ?
I live in Frigate Bay been here since May 2016.
Ah advice would be great.
Thank you.

I have been concerned that I was going to have a problem locating the health food that I am now restricted to e.g. sprouted wheat bread, brown rice, sweet potato pasta, non dairy,  no sugar, unsalted, etc.  I have been traveling back and forth between Toronto and St. Kitts for 12 years.  I will be back in St. Kitts next Saturday for 3 months.  Through my friends and contacts in St. Kitts, I will be searching for the healthiest food I can find.  It appears I will have more time to do such a search then you.  If you send me an email address,  I will share with you what I find. I am not overly optimistic as to what will be available.  If you should get a reply from someone who knows of a source for healthy food, I would really appreciate it, if you could share it with me. Ian MacDonald, *

Moderated by Christine 7 years ago
Reason : please share your contact details via pm. Thank you

Hey Alex there is a local fish place in Basseterre that I go to. If you are looking for an authentic local experience then you can check it out. Send me a private message if you are interested.

Hi everyone..
Will be traveling to St Kitts on 12th of May.
Hope i can meet some new acquaintance..
I will be working in the hospital.
I am a Filipino currently here in Libya.
See you all then.

Hi Danix and Kiddie..See you kabayans

Hello,

My name is Brooke and me and my husband and our baby are hoping to move to St. Kitts.  I am currently an RN in the USA and would love to find a job that would allow me to be the sole income provider while my husband is in medical school on the island, otherwise we will have to stay behind while my husband does his studies.  We would like to keep our new little family together! I'm looking for any high paying job. My experience is in retail, childcare, cosmetology, massage, and nursing.  I would do any-and-all jobs, to make ends meet!  If you have any suggestions I would be so grateful!

Thank you,
Brooke

What job do you have in the hospital? Could I ask if you know of any openings for an RN from USA?
Thank you,
Brooke

hi brooke

welcome to st kitts. yup, i am now working at jnf. feel free to message me up. and have a visit to the admin office.

Hi all
My name is Yael
Me and my family are planning to move to St Kitts within the next couple of months. We live in Ontario, Canada but me and my husband met while living in the Caribbean islands of Cozumel and Grand Cayman years ago. We are coming back to work for the same company that hired us previously, only now were bringing two young boys with us. We will be looking for a 3 bed room house or apartment to rent, ill appreciate any information. Id also love info about any children's activities available on island, if there are any play groups we'd love to join them, We will deffinetly be looking to make new friends!
Nice to 'meet' you all!

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=751415

Thanks!

Closed