Moving soon "business ideas"

Hi im going to be moving to the dominican republic soon I was thinking about setting up an at home call center business is this a good idea? if not what are good business ideas for dr im moving to the la vega area

First Welcome to the forums.

Is a call center in your home a good idea? Maybe. Maybe not, we have no idea of your skills, ability or experience. Do you have clients? Understand how to open a company here? Understand the labor law?

So much more to it all then just opening a business OR coming up with ideas!!! 

Why dont you tell us more about you and why you are moving here? Why La.Vega???

Well ive been in the roofing industry for 13 years mostly as an installer and now as  foreman I have computer skills ms office exel etc. Do you know any roofing companies? But I would much rather work for my self thats why the call center idea. Im a handyman on the side aswell oh how would I be able to bring my powertools and other equipment to dr. Im self motivated and .. I would exel in a work at home environment. And yes I have researched the business process and I know everything runs a bit slower than in the us.hhhh

Ok cool.  Welll running a call center is very very different.  Roofing - not sure but construction work is poorly paid unless you own the company.

Not onlybdoes it run slower, most jobs pay very low wages.  You need to be prepared fot that.  Working in a call center here in santo domingo earns about us 600 a month. Not sure there are any in la vega but lits in santiago to get your feet wet and learn.

Thats a great idea :-) what does an  actual callcenter do because I thought it was a place where dominicans went to make longdistance phonecalls to the united states for cheap but I did research and its actually telemarketing in bound out bound calls etc am I right?

Ok we are talking about 2 different things.  Your version is almost extinct eith cell phone calls being so.cheap now.  They are more like internet, copier, service centers now.

A call center business usually employs 10 to 1,000 customer service agents for inbound or outbound campaigns.

Well thanks for all your help  I appreciate the time you put in.

Anytime.

If anyone has any  I would to here from you thanks.