Is it affordable?

Dear everybody,

I have an offer (sales manager) of 670 BHD + accomodation+ car and its costs. No medical and schooling mentioned.
Is it enough for a 2+1 kid famyli to live a comfortable, standard life?

Thanks for you reply

No insurance  :o

I think all employers do give insurance  :/

Medical Insurance is gonna cost a lot for a family of 3 !

Other than that , it's a good package !

Thanks for the reply!
I've just started negotiation and haven't recived any sort of list what's gonna be included in the package. But thanks again, medical will be on focus.
Is it dificult to arrange schooling/kindergarden for 3 years old little girl who does not speak english?

I too will strongly advise you to ask for medical insurance, because private medical care is quite expensive here in Bahrain.

Also push for schooling and annual air tickets for you and family.

Also clarify what type of accommodation would your employer be providing. If you are going to live here with family you have to make sure the place they provide is liveable.

Good luck.

Faraz, thanks for your comment!
The preoffer says that the package includes 650 BHD tax free salary/ free accomodation( housholding expenses include),annual bonus / variable salary, company car, mobile phone, holiday voucher.
So i will focus on the medical question and airtickets.
I'm still intrested in schooling even if it is free or not. Is it dificult to arrange schooling/kindergarden for a 3 years old little girl who does not speak english?

Thanks for your help!
Balazs

Does it mean your employer will also pay your living expenses in Bahrain, alongwith your accommodation??

And yes push for medical and air tickets.

You may find it a little difficult to find schooling where the medium of instruction is your own language. The medium of most private schools in Bahrain is English.

As I have udrstood, they will cover the expenses of the appt (elecricity, gas etc), the res  is mine.
There is no Hungarian schhool in Bahrain, but I don't mind it at all and neither mind if the medium is english in schools, she will learn it. Kids do it so fast in an international millieu.
My concern (?) is if she can gets in such institute at all without language knowledge????

I am sure she should be able to. She is 3 and at that age children can learn very fast. Best wishes to her and you.

I now understand about the accommodation. Your employer will provide you with a place to live and pay electricity and water bills. Just check with them if this is unlimited or they will place a maximum ceiling on the amount to be paid as rent and as electricity and water costs.

Thanks a lot for your great help!

I think, correct me if I'm wrong. There are cheap and good private Indian and Pilipino schools in Bahrain that teach in English and accept other nationalities.  Also health care is provided for a minimal fee for expatriates at Health Centers and Salmaniya Hospital, and medicine is free.

My friends son moved here at 3 years old and didn't speak a word of English. He went to Budaiya pre school and was talking away in English in no time.

Schooling is very, very expensive in Bahrain so push for that. I also thought 1 annual return airfare home was compulsory now but you will have to check on the LMRA website to be sure.