Different life in Doha

Nothing too much to say, Nice and expensive country, different life , hard to find good school for your kids, and it is not easy at all to find good apartment in good area with good suitable rent, hope it will be good experience

Hello laurahij

Welcome to Expat.com ;)

Thank you for your testimony ;)

Since when are you in Doha and besides these negative aspects how do you find life over there?

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Since three months. ..  mm mm nice life but as I said expensive and you need some friends so at least you can have half of Normal life ... but in the end I like it

Every thing available, if money is with you.
Good School for kids, good apartment in posh area, good entertainment and every thing available in Qatar.

You said... if money is with you... as expat me or anyone else coming to Doha to save money. . Even if you get good salary life very expensive here especially house rent and school fees. Not easy to find places in school even if no problem with money. And as I see most of expats who are living in Qatar In luxury apartment and luxury (or at least nice) area thiere company pay for that ... here not easy to live in luxury and nice area if you want to use your Salary ... you will have normal apartment with no view no balcony or playing area for your kids unless you are going to pay mooooreeee... not easy to find a job here if your husband the sponser and if you will get a chance to have a job you will get low salary comparing with the other colleagues because you are local and not native speaker this is my experience till now hope everything will be better in next months. You are here from 30 years so we are in different situations. but in the end once you live here you like it. Just like me i like this country

You said... if money is with you... as expat me or anyone else coming to Doha to save money. . Even if you get good salary life very expensive here especially house rent and school fees. Not easy to find places in school even if no problem with money. And as I see most of expats who are living in Qatar In luxury apartment and luxury (or at least nice) area thiere company pay for that ... here not easy to live in luxury and nice area if you want to use your Salary ... you will have normal apartment with no view no balcony or playing area for your kids unless you are going to pay mooooreeee... not easy to find a job here if your husband the sponser and if you will get a chance to have a job you will get low salary comparing with the other colleagues because you are local and not native speaker this is my experience till now hope everything will be better in next months. You are here from 30 years so we are in different situations. but in the end once you live here you like it. Just like me i like this country

agreed , I am going through it now, I am misconstrue with the figure of my net salary, I found that I could not save as much as I plan, had a decent life in KL now I am a bit like an illegal immigrant here.

Qatar is the same as anywhere else in the world if you are on a good package life is good, if not then its a very expensive and boring place. Everything in Qatar is designed with high earning expats in mind unfortunately.
Also they drive like lunatics ober here and it can be very scary for newcomers (or even seasoned expats like myself).

yes, packages is very important, I guess my research is not deeply enough to uncover the truth