NGO Registration in Indonesia

Hello,

What is the procedure to register a Canadian not-for profit organization? I am having a hard time finding full details online (fees, taxes for employees, regulating act etc.).  I am also looking for information on the documents required to open a NGO bank account.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you!

This is a very complicated issue, and it's one that absolutely requires the input from a good attorney located here…preferably as close to the planned main office of the proposed NGO as possible, or at the least within the same regency of any Province within Indonesia. 

The vast majority of what are loosely called NGO's operating in Indonesia are actually Indonesian licensed Yayasans (where an, or Indonesian(s) are the directors.

This very complex topic is not at something that you should “find” your needed information on ANY of the various forums to be found on the internet.

You can do a fair amount of Googling on Indonesian Yayasan and Indonesian based NGO and get some excellent basics from that.

Andi, you deal with alcohol, you know officials in Bali who can help to arrange permits and you have good relationship to the Government so you can help setting up a NGO.....very impressive indeed.

Andialz
Apart from alcohol, plastic piping and now setting up NGO's, what else are you into. Please enlighten us.

Who is Andi?

Yep, Who is Andi and how do you know he sells plastic pipes?

Oh I understand it all now. Inspector Fred of the Yard has rumbled another scallywag and the comments are migrating here.

lukereg wrote:

Yep, Who is Andi and how do you know he sells plastic pipes?

Oh I understand it all now. Inspector Fred of the Yard has rumbled another scallywag and the comments are migrating here.

Inspector Fred of the Yard did rumble a very naughty boy but it looks a little odd now as all his posts were deleted by a kindly moderator, and he was megabanned.