Buliding a house in Tunisia

Hi there,
Just wondered if anyone knows how to go about looking for land to build on in Tunisia. I was looking at the area of Taburka, Northern Tunisia. Is it a complicated process like it is in England, red tape and all that!
I was also wondering about the banking system in Tunisia, and if you're working is it possible to take out a loan to help cover cost?. What sort of interest are you looking at with a Tunisian bank? I am with a bank in Tunisia, and although I am from London, I am a Tunisian citizen, (father was Tunisian), not really sure how the banking system operates there.
Looking to relocate towards the end of the year.
Any advise would be greatly received!   :D
Sam

Get a really good solicitor.we had three rubbish ones before one we have now.we kept him as he is so good. Local people know what land is available so really good source.dont show any real interest when you find land as price will go up..it is complicated but solicitor will take it all on his shoulders and do it all.you will need to rent while it all goes through as takes about 6 months min for paperwork .sorry don't know about lending or interest rates.british embassy might have something online

Hi, thanks for your response. I think that's very true about the locals, best to be there and ask around. So true as well about not being too interested!
Thanks!

hi my name is jennifer , just moved to tunis american by born . I know you can buy land and build but if is very difficult and a lot of red tape to do so . easy if you are tunisien difficult if your not . best idea is get here first . then ask around , find a realtor , there is a website tunisie.annouce or something like that  but there are a lot of scammers around this why it is best to come here first

Hi....,  to be honest with you it takes courage to build a house here.  You must get a contract with a builder as if you don't they will take you for a ride.  It can take a long time and the prices on materials can vary greatly.  Also if you want it done correctly then you need to be there everyday otherwise mistakes will be made and guess who will pay to have them rectified.  We built a house on our land in the south and it was the single worst experience of my life.  It's still not right and it costs a lot to rectify.  My husband is Tunisian and that was no help whatsoever!!  Good luck