A job without experience?

[moderated: asked to delete post]

That's normal !

Every company prefers experience , as it's beneficial for them :)

For sure an experienced worker has upper hand over non-experienced !

Only few companies don't ask for experience !

Job without experience hard but not impossible :)

This is NOT a problem that is unique to the United Arab Emirates by any means. No matter where you go in the world today employers generally are looking for experienced employees. It reduces their costs in training, it reduces their turnover rate and new starts generally are in the field working at near-normal production levels much quicker.

Do you think your husband would have any different results in the Netherlands or anywhere else in the EU? If you do, then think again. It's going to continue to be "uphill sledding" until he gains some related work experience, even if he has to take a huge cut in pay in order to obtain it. You really have to look at it as an investment in the future. Sometimes it's worthwhile to accept a lower salary in order to obtain the much-needed work experience that can demand higher wages somewhere down the road. Education is all well and good, it teaches one the theory and concepts of any endeavour. What it doesn't do is impart the practical side of the job that only hands-on experience provides. This is exactly what employers are wanting nowadays.

i would think he would apply for starting positions in holland. build some experience and then try elsewhere. Dubai is not a country where any incidents are taken lightly. any type of incident or low quality work done is a cause of low experience personnel. specially if he wont have any idea on how to handle UAE construction contractors or labor, it will be difficult to get anything done.

not saying that your husband is a bad manager or he is bad at his job, but as an employer, i prefer someone who would know how to handle a job rather than having someone who keeps asking people questions.

i would think he would apply for starting positions in holland. build some experience and then try elsewhere. Dubai is not a country where any incidents are taken lightly. any type of incident or low quality work done is a cause of low experience personnel. specially if he wont have any idea on how to handle UAE construction contractors or labor, it will be difficult to get anything done.

not saying that your husband is a bad manager or he is bad at his job, but as an employer, i prefer someone who would know how to handle a job rather than having someone who keeps asking people questions.

The primary reasons why there is an experience requirement in the UAE is due to cost and "transferable skills". If a company is hiring you from another country and then relocating you; they are incurring a lot of cost to get you on the ground.  Why would they do that?  the reasons they do is a) Either your skills are unique and not available locally b) Your experience and skill set is something that allows them to start you off immediately without a long honeymoon or c) You have skills that will allow them to develop their cheaper and less trained employees; allowing them to replace you with someone cheaper in the future :)

People without experience do get jobs but it's much easier if you are already here. So the company doesn't have to invest to get you.  I mean, think about it, someone without experience is available on the ground in the UAE easily; especially in the construction sector where there is a lot of boom happening nowadays; why do they need to relocate someone from the Netherlands at a higher cost?

Simple economics; that's all that is.  Speaking for myself, I have hired dozens of people over the last few years in the UAE, Saudi and now Bahrain; at all levels from junior staff up to managers / directors.  The only time I have had to go outside the GCC is when I was looking for senior people and the talent pool was limited in the GCC.  For junior positions, I never had to go outside the country as a) People were available here and b) The cost was not worthwhile for the return the business would get.