New members of the Israel forum, introduce yourself here

Hi all,

Newbie on the Israel forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Israel if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

hello im new to this. I am a Mexican American who wants to relocate to isreal for a while, I have a job offer but I have an older brother traveling with me who is looking to see if there are jobs in the construction field. he is very expirence in many construction areas like roofing and plumbing so if anyone can help let me know please.

Greetings to all.
I would like to move to Israel, but job hunting can be a problem if you are not there.
In South Africa it is very difficult to get employment due to affirmative action and because I am male.
I have expercience in many fields but my best is Administration and hospitality.
I also have experience in data capturing.
unfortunately My hebrew is limmited to basic words.
I understand German and Dutch and can speak but not well.
I am fluent in English and Afrikaans.
I will send my CV to anyone who is able to assist me.
I do not only want to move to Israel because of work, but I also have a connection with Jerusalem and It is the only
place on earth where I feel like I am at home and where I feel welcome.
I've been to Israel twice and worked on Moshav Ma'ala Gamla.
This is where I want to be.
I know with the politics there are problems but it is not much different form South Africa.
thank you all
Harry

Hi
there is  indeed a lot of work in the construction field,as there is a need for a lot of accomodation for young couples so constructions have increased recently
good luck

Hi
I have been in Israel since 1980, but not continuously.I am a psychologist and Art therapist.I chose to live here for spiritual reasons and the climate and I don't regret it in spite of the difficulties,low salaries expensive life and rents,political insecurity.For the salaries it all depends on the field you work in.

Hi yvonne,

If I may know what is that one thing that still keeps you in Israel besides the list of things that you aren't very happy about that you have mentioned? You said it was for spiritual reasons, if it wasn't for that one reason how would you consider living in Israel?

Btw, I too am considering to move to Israel, and seeking some honest opinions on that ground. You can PM me if you'd like [email protected]

stella

I cannot claim to be a new expat in Israel as I have been here for nine years this month but in many ways I still feel as I am a newcomer to this interesting little country.

MiaCulpa wrote:

I cannot claim to be a new expat in Israel as I have been here for nine years this month but in many ways I still feel as I am a newcomer to this interesting little country.

How so?

Hello everyone! Ill be moving to Israel soon to rehovot to be more specific.  Is finding a job easy for international people with some education?

Hello everybody!

I'm very new to Israel! I'm currently living in Tel Aviv and look for new friends! Pm me and let's meet each other :)

All the best,
Anya

Hello everyone
  looking forward to come to Israel from Egypt
   to send a message of peace change old prospective and have lots of fun of course :)

Hi everyone I am new here. I am travelling to Jerusalem by the end of june to attend a conference. I only want to know more about Israel. I hope somebody could tell me the best places there to go. Thank you in advance.

Hi @

share your world about living in Israel with me...

Thanx

hello,
looking to relocate my family and myself to Israel. A little scary to make a big move without a solid job opportunity. I am an Executive Chef with some ties to Israel, i do speak a little Hebrew ( understand more than can speak). I would like to have some sort of a commitment from an employer before i make the move but we will see what will happen. anyone with any suggestion or advise will be appreciated. Thanks
steven

stells wrote:

How so?

How so what?

sasha_kren wrote:

Hello everyone! Ill be moving to Israel soon to rehovot to be more specific.  Is finding a job easy for international people with some education?

That shall depend entirely on your CV and interview skills.

emmiiejoy wrote:

Hi everyone I am new here. I am travelling to Jerusalem by the end of june to attend a conference. I only want to know more about Israel. I hope somebody could tell me the best places there to go. Thank you in advance.

How long is the conference?  Regardless of time, you should obviously visit the Old City.

You mentioned that in many ways you still feel like a new comer. Do you have an example of a situation, or do you personally feel like you don't belong eventhough you are well accepted. Are there any kind of discrimination towards different ethnicity?

It seems like this is a useless group and I am wasting my time trying to get something that is very important to me.
I have placed a letter request here more than a month ago and yet not one reply or word of advice. Is there anyone that realy cares?

stells wrote:

You mentioned that in many ways you still feel like a new comer. Do you have an example of a situation, or do you personally feel like you don't belong eventhough you are well accepted. Are there any kind of discrimination towards different ethnicity?

I have personally never witnessed any ethnic discrimination in Israel but it would be specious of me to claim that such a thing does not exist.

I consider myself new to Israel because I have only been here for a very short period of time; far shorter than those who were born here and an indiscernible amount of time considering how many centuries this culture has been.

I am also far more comfortable in every other language I know than I am in Hebrew.  One can never be truly Israeli without a complete immersion in Hebrew or Arabic.

harryfou wrote:

It seems like this is a useless group and I am wasting my time trying to get something that is very important to me.
I have placed a letter request here more than a month ago and yet not one reply or word of advice. Is there anyone that realy cares?

The purpose of this particular thread is for people to introduce themselves.  Unless I am mistaken.  Were you expecting people who are introducing themselves to find employment for you?

Executive chef....the hotels here are your best bet. Start with
danhotels.com/AboutDanhotels/Contactus/index.htm
jobs.starwoodcareers.com/cui/default.htm?configurationID=Z_UNREG_SEARCH&sap-language=EN¶
The competition can be daunting. It might be worth your while to plan a trip to Israel to look around and get in a few interviews, because employers rarely give a commitment without a personal interview.
Good luck.
Davud

nomadreid wrote:

Executive chef....the hotels here are your best bet. Start with
danhotels.com/AboutDanhotels/Contactus/index.htm
jobs.starwoodcareers.com/cui/default.htm?configurationID=Z_UNREG_SEARCH&sap-language=EN¶

I would steer clear of the Dan Panorama Jerusalem.

[Moderated: off topic + post in the jobs section please]

Hello everyone,
my name is RuiMoises. I live in Portugal, near of Lisbon 30km.Im civil Engineering for 26 yrs, and also teaching IT for some pre college students. My father allways said(past away 30 yrs ago) to me and my family that we had a jewish trace. i dont know if is true or not just quoting my father.
In Portugal at the moment im unemployed and ive been obliged to do a surgery, so im considering moving to another country. Ive been in Brasil, Switzerland,Turkey.
So came to my mind, why not try Israel, i remember my father words, why not try there. Despite of living in Portugal, we spent most of the time in Angola.
So im asking why not try Israel.

Im tired of looking job everywhere but age is a but.I dont know, is just thinking louder.

Regards,

RuiMoises

Hello everyone,
I used to lived in Israel for almost 6 years. I studied highschool in there since my half sisters and brother are israeli citizens. I didnt get any temporary/permanent resisdency that time and when i graduated from highschool i came back to my country to pursue college.now i am wondering if i can come back to israel and apply for a temporary residency? I want to work as a nurse and i can speak, write and understand hebrew.thanks you everyone. :)

I am Indian .I am looking job in plastic manufacturing co. of Israel .I have 19 years experience in plastic line.
I am handling factory .Presently am working as a Factory manager  .
I am looking job abroad because i have to make bright future
I am searching on net .i have no source  I am ready to learn Hebrew language.
Please suggest & help us for job finding

hello my is jonhson.i am coming to isreal to work.i  have degree in economic and work as sale supervisor in breweries industry and attend conference in demark 2009 by united nation and danish Conservative society .i have good retail and wholesale market experience ,and how to grow sale in an area or disrect . i need contact and friend from isreal to intact wit his my yahoo mail address [email protected] send me you cell no and maill adress

Hi,I'm Olga, I just got to TLV and would like to make some new friends.

I'd be happy to contact you and know you well, please give us a means of engagement
Thank you and goodbye

Salut tout le monde !
Je suis actuellement à la recherche d'un emploi sur Jérusalem afin de pouvoir suivre mon compagnon qui doit partir en Décembre pour1 voir 2 ans.
Je suis à la recherche de quelques conseils et idées pour m'aider un peu dans mes recherches.

Cinziajoly wrote:

Salut tout le monde !
Je suis actuellement à la recherche d'un emploi sur Jérusalem afin de pouvoir suivre mon compagnon qui doit partir en Décembre pour1 voir 2 ans.
Je suis à la recherche de quelques conseils et idées pour m'aider un peu dans mes recherches.

Welcome to the forum

As this is an Anglophone forum could you please post in ENGLISH.
Thank you.

Hello everyone I am new here  in expat and I just arrived here in Jerusalem I am looking for some Filipinos who are here where to go and to know some communities in here thanks ...

I am a filmmaker/writer/Univ Prof and live near Los Angeles.  I visited Israel May 2013.  I was asked to screen my film about 2nd & 3rd Generation Holocaust Survivors at Tel Aviv University.  My thoughts are to return to Israel and perhaps make this country a permanent home.

Cooper

hi..i am new here, just wanna know what living in israel would like.i came from dubai 3 yrs ago.and might looking for some help to look forward working in israel..by the moment im here in philippines.but hoping i can have a job in israel...tnx

Hello! I am a engineer in construction and management.... Do you know if can be something for me in this field? Soon I will be there..

My name is Issa nezerwa ,I am 26 years old and also l am RWANDAN ; concerned to my background i have bachelors degree in horticulture. l would like to move in Israel because i know that are expert in horticulture production than Rwanda. so this means i need to improve my horticulture practical skills as well as Israel people and to change our traditional practices in horticulture production. so you can inform me in different things related to horticulture. THANKS

hi everyone, powerful day to you all...
I am coming to isreal to play football,i dont know if anyone can connect me to any club there

My name is Issa NEZERWA and I have A0 in horticulture. According to my project I FD I will find opportunity of living in lsrael  it will be based on farm activities because I know well to work practical activities which will allow to increase agriculture productivity and development of country because I will put some thing study in practice in this country that is well developed in horticulture.

Hi,

It really depends on the field that you're working in; but in general, getting a job here (from my personal experience) is quite tough if you're looking for an office/day job. And you definitely will need your work permit approved. Freelancing on the other hand might be easier.

Cheers.

Closed