Playing social football in Nairobi

Hi there, my name is Dave. I am a football writer heading down to Nairobi in the next month or so for a three month stay (initially). I play football three days a week in London (mainly over 35s) and I am keen to play social football or even join a five-a-side team.
I don't have any real connections in the city and it would be great if anybody could give me a few tips on venues etc. Maybe some of you are already part of a team? Hopefully you have time to get back to me. Cheers Dave

Hello Dave,

There are a number of social football clubs in Nairobi with professionals who use them as a chance to stay fit. You may want to consider the Parklands Sports Club that has a weekly match. I dont think you have to be a member to play, but you can find that out.

There is also a team that plays in Gigiri, at the Shell field. Lots of expats play there and you may be able to find out about it through your Embassy.

Regards,
Rachel

Hi Rachel, thanks for the information. I will certainly act on it when I arrive in early January. Really appreciate your help. Cheers Dave

Hi Dave,

It will also depend in which area you will be living as traffic in Nairobi can be hectic.

I know of two teams who play Thursdays after work weekly, near Spring Valley, not too far from Westlands and another in Kilimani not too far from Yaya, who play weekends. Should you be living closer to these areas, I can give you the contact numbers of one of the team members.

All the best

Thanks very much for the information ... it's really appreciated. Looking forward to my arival in a coulpe of weeks. Cheers Dave

hey.. mind sharing the contacts of the team playing at Kilimani.. i work near there and would like to throw that in with my exercise regimen.

non4me wrote:

Hi Dave,

It will also depend in which area you will be living as traffic in Nairobi can be hectic.

I know of two teams who play Thursdays after work weekly, near Spring Valley, not too far from Westlands and another in Kilimani not too far from Yaya, who play weekends. Should you be living closer to these areas, I can give you the contact numbers of one of the team members.

All the best

Hi it's Dave hear ... thanks for the information. Would it be possible to give me the contact details for the Spring Valley guys who play on Thursdays and also the weekend matches you mentioned. Hope that's possible .. cheers

i hope u got the team that you actually wanted,, however u need to do some roaming around spring valley i stay past there

Hi,

I am currently living in Westlands.
Could you share the contact details of these teams with me.

Thanks

Aditya

Hi Guys,

I am new in Nairobi and would like to play some football. Could I please get the contact details from the Guys playing in Kilimani!

Thanks

Hi Dave, kindly share the contacts for the two football teams in Spring valley and Kilimani? will most appreciate

regards

Hi there. Would be really keen to get the contact details of any football teams in Nairobi. Staying in Kilimani at the moment but happy to travel for a good game.

Cheers,

Tom

News?

Hi I am living in Westland do they still have a team here and do u have contact details to play..

Hi dave you still need to know more about football in Kenya

Hello,
I have just moved to Kenya and was interested in playing football which is being played casually on weekends near YAYA center. One of the following replies stated there was a casual pick up on weekends in Kilimani and I would really love to be able to play and I am living very close to there, are you able to provide a bit more information about this, also, is it female friendly or is it strictly a mens team. I don't mind being the only female as long as its supposed to be a mixed gendered thing.

Thank you very much,
Rachel

Rachel,
If you get guys who are serious and play on weekends let me know. I used to play a while back but stopped. I want to start keeping fit again.
Id be glad to join you

hi Rachel09 i would like to welcome you to our football club actually it's a safaricom owned club playing just near safaricom house waiyaki way we welcome all genders to come gain fitness,network,understand the game we also have friendlies with other counterparts like braeburn school on weekends. training session is every monday to friday 4:00 -6.30 P.M feel free to contact me on xxx ken thanks.

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
robertkito wrote:

Rachel,
If you get guys who are serious and play on weekends let me know. I used to play a while back but stopped. I want to start keeping fit again.
Id be glad to join you

Hey man...i am interested. Do you have a club? Let me know the details thanks.

Hi

I noticed you are looking for a place to play.
I'm part of a team that trains on Tuesdays and Thursdays at Nairobi Club and we play a game on Saturdays. Should you be interested let me know and I will give you more details

varees wrote:

Hi

I noticed you are looking for a place to play.
I'm part of a team that trains on Tuesdays and Thursdays at Nairobi Club and we play a game on Saturdays. Should you be interested let me know and I will give you more details

Hey man...Yes, i am looking for a place to pay soccer. Kindly share more information please. Many thanks.

Hi Joey

The team is called Seniors FC. Its more or less a social team. We train Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5 to about 6.45.Its a well structured team with an elected office to help run the club affairs. I can give you an officials email address to help you get more official info.......

Please do man...i am not a pro just wanna socialize and keep fit.

Hello,

I'd love to learn more about the league that plays Tuesdays and Thursdays, please send along any information!

Thank you!

Ze

Hi I would be interested too.

I'm also interested in this team, please share details if yea re accepting new recruits! Thanks

Hi Varees, 

I was wondering if your team is still training and playing?  If so could you please send me the details, I am very keen to join

thanks

Any news of a social football 5/7 a side. Social football and keeping fit

HI Yonnies I have a club near Safaricom along waiyaki way if you live around you can join us. We play 6 aside and random friendly matches during the weekend

yes..at railways club

Hi Non4Me,

Wondered if you might be able to share with me the contact details for these teams;

I am living in Kilimani but willing to travel -

Thanks!
Adam

Hey Dave  :)
Can I join your league? I am a football payer since I was under 19 for school. I love this game. As I get to know you are also fond of it. What say??

This Sunday Nyayo Stadium or City Stadium.

Hi there,
I like a sound of your reply. I just arrived in Nairobi and new to the city and will be living here for a year around kilimani area. I would love to join something like social football. I used to play for lower tier league back home. So it would be great if you could pass contacts for where to play.
thank you,
Rishi

varees wrote:

Hi Joey

The team is called Seniors FC. Its more or less a social team. We train Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5 to about 6.45.Its a well structured team with an elected office to help run the club affairs. I can give you an officials email address to help you get more official info.......

Hi Varees, can you please share that info to me as well. Looking for a social team football. thank you.
Rishi

Hi we have a social football club owned by safaricom along waiyaki way we train from Monday - Thursday and frequent friendly matches over the weekend feel free to join us if its convenient for you.

Hi Varees,

I'd be really interested in getting involved with this; could you send more details?

Many thanks :)
Adam

adam_m wrote:

Hi Varees,

I'd be really interested in getting involved with this; could you send more details?

Many thanks :)
Adam

Hi Adam, I contacted them through fb. They train every tuesday and thursday 5pm onwards at Nairobi Club next to Kenyatta National Hospital and play friendly on saturdays.  I am going to check them out tonight at 5pm. feel free to join.

HI Rishi,

Great, thank you! I won't be able to make it tonight, but will get there another time :)

Adam

Hi

I am looking for a football team as well. Ideally close to Kilimani, but I am willing to travel.

Hi,

Are these teams strictly male or gender-mixed? I'm looking for a team as well, either all-female or gender-mixed