Tax advice

Can anyone recommend a tax advisor? As a UK citizen I was resident in Portugal from May 2009 until September 2013. I paid income tax and have a NIF. From September 2013 until now I was working in Africa and I was unable to complete my 2013 IRS, so need assistance to do that urgently. Additionally I intend to return to the UK in November 2014 so I need to cancel my Portuguese residency and NIF.

Supposing you're in Portugal at the moment, just about any 'Gabinete de Contabilidade' should be able to help you to file your 2013 IRS return. You will pay a fine but I don't think its anything exorbitant, maybe €50 or so. Unless you have been notified by the IRS, in that case it will be more.

The same "Gabinete" will also help you close everything up. Depending on where your fiscal residence for 2014 was, you might or might not have to hand in a 2014 return when the time comes. Again, any competent "Gabinete de Contabilidade" will be able to help.

To find one, ask around where you live, most commercial establishments will have someone doing their taxes for them.

Does anyone know a competent "Gabinete de Contabilidade" who speaks English?
I need help with my tax return.