Shifting to Maldives for a job

Hi

I have got a job offer in Maldives and I am planning to move to male, I have some queries regarding kids schooling, apartment rent and living status in male. I have gone thru couple of sites and found that male is approx 100% expensive from Delhi. Is it true?

1) Further I have 2 kids (8 & 5 years)so want to know about the good schools in male.
2) how much an accommodation for 2 room set or 2 bhk will cost (fully furnished) and good society.
3) how much will the daily groceries will cost (milk, bread, etc) & is Indian groceries such as wheat floor, dal, etc are readily available.
4) can a expat purchase a car in Maldives and also is it advisable to purchase the same. If yes than how much it will cost

Appreciate  if anybody can answer these queries so as I can of rm up my decision to move to Maldives

Thanks......Yash

Dear Yash,

My reply next to your points.

1) Further I have 2 kids (8 & 5 years)so want to know about the good schools in male.

1) Best school and most expat population goes to Billabong High International school in Male City.

2) how much an accommodation for 2 room set or 2 bhk will cost (fully furnished) and good society.
2) Monthly rent for fully furnished will be about 1200$ plus elect and water maybe about 2-300$

3) how much will the daily groceries will cost (milk, bread, etc) & is Indian groceries such as wheat floor, dal, etc are readily available.
3) indian grocery such as Dhal etc are readily available. I don't know to compare with India.

4) can a expat purchase a car in Maldives and also is it advisable to purchase the same. If yes than how much it will cost
4) no use to buy a car in Male city. It's small island and a motor bike can be more useful

Appreciate  if anybody can answer these queries so as I can of rm up my decision to move to Maldives

Thanks Makhma for your revert.

Also can you please help in give some more clarity on cost of living in male as I have referred some sites where the cost of living in male is expensive by over 100% as compare to Delhi

depending on the salary you earn its ok. but 2 bed room apartment in male coasts not less then USD 1200-1500 electricity and water may cost around usd 200 -350 a a yellow dhal kg cost MVR 60/- about USD 2/- a bread for USD .90 fresh milk 1ltr USD 1.9 powder milk 2.5kg USD 27/-  onion is about USD 1/- potato USD1/-  yes can buy a car but not advisable. a car may cost USD 2000/- education in male is very good in compare to most asian countries. male is a risky place to live as the crime rate is high.  even if i can earn USD3000/- i will never go to work in male with 2 kids from india. india is more comfortable and its cheap.

Dear Yash,
Maldives is quite expensive to live.  The rents are so high for a decent apartment. For a 2bhk it would cost u almost  INR 55000 per month, water and electricity will be around another 7500!!. Here for moving around u dont need a car, its all walkable and often u can hire a cab which is plenty here in Male. Ur food for 4 will cost u almost  INR 12000. All these figures are being converted to Indian rupees for ur convenience. Hope u got a fair idea of the expenses. I am living here since 2005.

Hello,
Yea it is quite expensive,more than Delhi surely,but it depends on your salary.If u r offered around 20-30,000MVR.then u can survive happily with saving....with 2 kids.Giyasshuddin School is quite a good one for ur kids..
Take care.
Best of luck

How much pay for mbbs,dch in maldives in indian rupees,how to join without agents.

Dear all,
i am a doctor want to move Maldives,could anyone tell me how is this country ?
tx

1.Ghiyaduddin internstional scool( can check from wrb sight)

2 accomodation expensive 2 room fully furnished can get minimum usd 1200.00

3 food very expensive , normal food u have to spend udd 30 per day u r family

4 car dont need can go anywhere in Male 10 min by walk

Saeed
00960 7787483
[email protected]

Doctors get good salary in Msldives

Hello Dr. Innama............are you still living in Maldives. I am from Bangladesh and I am expected to move to Maldives in Dec,2014. R u having fun over there. I wish to know if decent apt are readily available for expats for around 800-1000 USD for a studio, 1 bedroom or 2. I really liked the Platinum residence. Are there many like them. Hope to hear from you Doc.
Rgds

Dear Vaheen hello. Since you are living for long, I would appreciate if you can tell me if it is possible to rent an independent one bedroom apt in Huluhmale for around 800-1000 USD. In the main island(MALE) where is the best place for expats to rent apt. Also how much does internet 2-3 MBPS line cost. Your reply will be an immense help brother. Take care.

Looking for a Job in Maldives :

My experiences ; Material Management Administrative.
Hit me up. if any one has opportunity for me.