I have a couple of questions around visa and work.

Hi there, my partner are I are thinking of moving to Montevideo. I have a couple of questions around visa and work. If this info is provided elsewhere on this forum, please point me in the right direction / link. Basically we would like to know what visa is best for a 6 month or 1 year stay? (to start) and for work, I own a website that targets the Australian markets so income is now coming from Uruguay in anyway - can I continue this work from MD without a problem? My partner on the other hand will look for work while continueing his own online venture, teaching at a university or college would be ideal (professor in philosophy, ethics, world religions and english) What are the requirements, visas, (issues? i.e employment rates and pay rates) around that? Spanish is limited though we're looking to learn/improve. I speak Portuguese so hoping that will help. Thank you all so much in advance. Regina

Hi Regina,

Your topic is now on the Montevideo forum for more visibility and for a better interaction with the other members.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

I would post on the Facebook Uruguay group, many are in MVD and might be able to answer your question. Personally I think you will find the pay here very low and the opportunities very limited.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/uruguayexpats/