Au pair looking for friends

Im 19 years old Finnish girl, now working as an au pair in geneva, switzerland. I got here two weeks ago and dont know anyone yet! id like to meet other young people in geneva. i dont speak any french btw :)

I'm in Basel so not much use with Geneva info.  :)
One thing you might try is looking trough the Swiss English forum.
Put 'English Forum Switzerland' into Google and look it over.  ;)

Moi, oon 19v täyttävä tyttö suomest ja oon tulossa syyskuussa genevaan työskentelemään au pairina. Ois kiva tutustuu, laita vaikkapa viesti! :)

Danceer wrote:

Moi, oon 19v täyttävä tyttö suomest ja oon tulossa syyskuussa genevaan työskentelemään au pairina. Ois kiva tutustuu, laita vaikkapa viesti! :)

Welcome to EB.

As this is an Anglophone forum could you please post in English so that others can understand your post and offer assistance or information. Thank you.

Hey, I am in the same position as yourself! Arrived here a few weeks ago and I am finding it difficult to meet new people!
What area are you in? How long are you aupairing for?
Catherine

Hi, I'll be going to Geneva to au pair in a week or two, I'm from London. Anyone else doing anything similar?!

Shamimaa wrote:

Hi, I'll be going to Geneva to au pair in a week or two, I'm from London. Anyone else doing anything similar?!

Hey yea I'm from Ireland, I'm au pairing near Geneva too! When are you coming?

Hey! I'm going to book my flights tomorrow or the day after but I'm hoping to come around the 11th of July. I get weekends off and I want to travel around Switzerland but I don't know anyone! I could do with a travel buddy :) how long are you there for?

Shamimaa wrote:

Hey! I'm going to book my flights tomorrow or the day after but I'm hoping to come around the 11th of July. I get weekends off and I want to travel around Switzerland but I don't know anyone! I could do with a travel buddy :) how long are you there for?

I also have weekend off, would love to see around! So that sounds great! I'm here until the end of August! You?

Shamimaa wrote:

Hey, I'll arrive in the beginning of August. I'll be an au pair in Geneva as well. Btw, I love London ^^

I love to travel so much. I always hope to improve my foreign language skill, every time I travel other countries and meet new people there. Unfortunately, I can find few chances to have conversation in other languages in my daily life.
I'm wonder if anyone can help me to practice.
Of course,I can help you with French. Both serious study group and casual conversation are welcome. that's my number if you want to contact me on whatsapp or something. +41 79 271 2001 . :)

Hi, I'm moving to Geneva on the 25th to ua pair. Looking to meet new friends and get to know others :)

[Moderated: Avoid copy/paste]

hussain12 wrote:

Hi

ho

Hello!

I just arrived in Geneva on the 26th of July, and I am also looking to meet some new people... My French is decent (I am attending lessons) but I am most comfortable speaking English. I would love to travel a lot this year, so it would be fun to meet someone who feels the same way! :)

Shamimaa wrote:

I am doing the same thing as you! Where in Geneva will you be working as an au pair?

hey,
i'm too an au pair and i'm new in Switzerland so if someone want to talk or go out for coffee - it would be nice...

Hi how are you? I'm Zildete I live in Geneva I give you my what'sapp number I think it's better +41 79 271 2001 ^^

i live in Commugny precisely.

Hi,

I have just become an au pair in ferney Voltaire very close to geneva and am looking to meet new people. Anyone currently living nearby ?

Hannah

Hi Hannah! I'm in Plan-les-Oautes, which is rather far, but tomorrow there is an au pair picnic that is very close to you! You should check out the group! It is called Link: the au pair connection.

The meeting is close to Coppet :)

Also, it looks like bus F will take you directly to the city :)

Hi,

I have just moved close to geneva but on the French side of the border. I am looking to meet new people as have just moved and am yet to make friends

Hannah

hey, i am an aupair in marnaz (30km from geneve). anyone out there who wants to meet for a coffee or a drink in geneve?
i am here since one week and do not know anybody here :/

hey! wherer can i find the group "the aupair connection"?