Autumn Fair at the exhibition centre

Hi Everyone,

I was thinking of taking a stall at the Autumn Fair in January selling European ladies and children's clothing.
I feel there is a gap in the market here for fairly priced luxury clothing, which having spent most of my working life in the fashion industry I happen to be able to get my hands on. As I have only been on the island for 5 weeks I have never been to this fair so I don't have a true picture of how busy it is, who are the people doing the spending there etc,.
Anyone been there?

Hello

From past experience, this fair is very busy in general, and specially on weekends cause, a lot of folks come from Saudi Arabia.  I remember seeing a lot of Chinese products with relatively low prices.  I remember seeing traditional food items from different Arabic countries,  In my opinion, if you managed to get a stall there, you will have good chance for selling your products.   

good luck

Nawafo,

Thanks for this, you have given me great hope for my new business idea.

Lisa

It is a very popular fair and crowds are huge, especially towards the last few days of the fair. I know some people visit the fair multiple times too. It is a good opportunity to showcase your products and do some retail sales as well. As nawafo said, you will face competition from the large number of Chinese vendors/exhibitors.

Let us know if you do have a stall there. We can pay you a visit!
Best wishes.

Oh Bless You,

I am feeling more inspired everyday and yes I will let you know if I go ahead so you can all come and say hi.

Thanks again,

Lisa