EP applications after 1 Aug 2014

Hello ,

My Employer has applied EP last week . Is there any one who can share their experience about EP after 1 Aug fair consideration framework is in place . Is it going to be same as earlier or MOM is tightening the EP passes for foreigners ?

The regulations remain exactly the same, but any job that falls under the Fair Consideration Framework (and that is almost all jobs) will have to be posted on the locals-only job bank for two weeks first and a foreigner can only be hired if no suitable local applicant appears.
Thus you, as a foreigner, better apply for jobs that have already gone through the job bank, or expect a longer delay and higher risk.

Thanks Beppi,

Yes , that job was already posted on job bank and for 2 positions 3 people applied , but they were not suitable , so Company filed EP last week . Its still under MOM processing , but HR said that they are not sure because things are not clear after 1 Aug . They may approve or reject . All eligibility criteria are full filled .

Thanks .

Hi , I just like to ask if you are familiar on employers asking for reimbursement for epass application? Ist alright and how does it works. Thanks!

EP applications are filed by the employer and the associated fee (which is low, S$70 as far as I know) should be borne by the employer. They are also should not charge you for their effort in filing the application.

Thanks for the reply . 😊

beppi wrote:

EP applications are filed by the employer and the associated fee (which is low, S$70 as far as I know) should be borne by the employer. They are also should not charge you for their effort in filing the application.

Hello,
my employer charged me S$70 for ep application that applied on one week ago. I got a call from her  yesterday that my ep was rejected and now trying to appeal. I asked her to mail for the details reason of rejection from MOM but not give me yet. I'm being doubt about that. I also can't see online status. Should I ask FIN no from her or call to enquire MOM. And also should I continue for appeal. Will Submitting appeal is free or need payment?  Thanks.

The employer is not allowed to charge the application fee to you, so obviously they are not to be trusted. You should ask for the FIN number and/or proof that they actually applied. Don't throw any more money at them, and be prepared to walk away if things continue to be dubious.(Rejection reasons are not normally given by MoM.)
Appeals don't cost anything, as far as I know. But it is also a waste of effort if no new information is included (the result will be rejection again).

Many thanks beppi.. I really appreciate for your reply...