Study in Marrakech, makes friends?

Hi Guys!

In february, I'm going to study for a half year in Cadi Ayyad university, and I'd like to know how it is, living in Marrakech as a student?

What is the best place to live (safety) and is it easy to make (female) friends? I'm a girl btw. Is there also a specific place where foreigners would be?

Thanks for the response! :)

Xo

Girl... there is absolutely nothing wrong with being close with the girls, even the dudes inclusive. My Moroccan friends are super friendly and helpful in every way possible, more like my anchor in life's ocean. Plus being in cadi ayyad is really really easy. Nice lecturers, lots of unserious students( which will make you feel like Albert Einstein in class), and you've got the privilege of lurking around marrakech which is lovely. Just make sure your professors like you, good luck. Oh, and I'm telling you this based on the fact that I am in cadi ayyad too

santala wrote:

lots of unserious students

I guess they think who needs to study when you can go online, chat-up lonely, naive, gullible and feckless foreigners, have them come to Morocco, marry you, and take you abroad, taking care of all your expenses and every need. If they own a property, you will get a share in it too.

It saddens me to say that some really do succeed in getting that. *sighs*

santala wrote:

It saddens me to say that some really do succeed in getting that. *sighs*

Of course, and because of that, that's the reason why some can't be bothered. Why bother to study and find work, when you can live off someone else and get everything handed to you in a silver platter. When I was in Morocco, I was struggling to understand why many of them were wasting time in internet cafes on facebook, skype and so on, and hanging around in the streets killing time with friends, until I realized that they had foreign girlfriend/boyfriends who they were waiting for to whisk them away.

I saw it in the developing country I lived in before. So it's the same in Morocco, that's confirmed. I had suspected this, which is why I specifically asked for help from expats and not just-joined locals.

channel5.com/shows/holiday-love-rats-exposed