Would like to learn french!

Hi! I`ve been living in Casablanca for couple of months now. I would really want to learn to speak better french (know the really basics already) and, thus I´m looking for a person to practice it with me. I would surely give my input in english for return. In case you know somebody, let me know. Many thanks! :)

AnnikaT wrote:

Hi! I`ve been living in Casablanca for couple of months now. I would really want to learn to speak better french (know the really basics already) and, thus I´m looking for a person to practice it with me. I would surely give my input in english for return. In case you know somebody, let me know. Many thanks! :)

Hi Annika. Please be very careful about this and keep your wits about you. Try to find a woman to do this language exchange with as the boards are often full of plausible sounding young men who turn out to be scumbags simply wanting a visa or to exploit expats. Even with a woman, meet her in a public place and let someone know where you are going as there have been some very dubious ones on the boards - I know. These are precautions you'd take anywhere for internet-generated meetings, of course, not just for Morocco. However, in a foreign country, you are far more vulnerable.

I don't meet people from the boards one-on-one any more as the three times I did so, I got two ladies of the night and a scumbag. And I'm a guy who's lived here and visited here for 45 years. The profiles of these people were completely fake - they all had said that they were expats but turned out to be locals when we met.

I wish you well in your ambition. But please be careful.

Thank you for the advices. Those are things that I have already considered and prepared for.
So I´m planning to be extra careful. Many thanks though!

Hei Annika. Hyvä päivä once more. I just noticed that you are from Finland, which I visit every year.

One last thing. Establish the parameters of any meetings and/or language exchange from the start, especially if you decide to do this with a local. Don't feel obliged to buy the coffees or the meal - why should you?. Don't pay for taxi fares, for example, share them. And, clearly, never "lend" money to anyone for some alleged disaster.

It's all happened to me in the past and I got wise!

Good luck.

AnnikaT wrote:

Thank you for the advices. Those are things that I have already considered and prepared for.
So I´m planning to be extra careful. Many thanks though!

Oops. We posted at the same time.

Hello, i don't know if it's okay with u but since i live in Rabat i can only help u using internet :/
If u need any help, tell me and good luck :)