Would like to retire in Panama and play golf

My wife and I would like to retire in Panama. My wife teaches at a local university and I work as an engineer at a local manufacturing company. We both like traveling, plays, going out at night to local clubs and having fun. I like to play golf and my wife is learning. We would like a place to rent that is near a golf course. We are looking for a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom condo/home located in the highlands verses the beach. Would be nice if near a city for easy access to small cafes and friendly bars.
We plan on traveling to Panama in January to visit some places to live. We were hoping that someone can give us some ideas where to start. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Benny and Jami

You're definitely going to find one of the communities near Panama City. I believe there are a couple with golf courses or access to them. Outside of Panama City it gets difficult to find all the things to do and golf. You might try Bocas del Toro, although I'm not familiar with the housing communities there. I do know they have a good night life scene. All the areas I know of that have cooler climate means you'll have to sacrifice something (like the golf course or night life).

Boquete has a 9 hole executive golf course built in a residential development area called Valle Escondito.  I played on it once with as a guest of a resident.  I believe he told me that anyone can buy a membership for it.  Even though it is merely an executive course, I think the developer could have eliminated a few of the houses to give it a bit more room.  Of course one thing that really annoys me is developers jamming houses into every nook and cranny on a golf course.

As well, there is a new development about a 30 minute drive from Boquete called Cielo Paraiso.  The road to it is terrible and I think the developer has run into financial problems.  When I played it, it had only 9 holes open although I have since heard that the back nine is also open now.  The day I played with my hosts from Boquete, we were the only ones on the course.  It is quite good but again, not sure of the status.

As for Boquete itself, it is quite nice but they roll up the streets at 8 PM.  There is one pub that is open later but other than that not much of a social life that I could see.  Perhaps the expats that live there get together amongst themselves at home.

facebook.com/159427334192972/photos/pcb.503902666412102/503902599745442/?type=1&theater Lucero Homes, Golf and Country Club before called Cielo Paraiso is open all year. The have 18 holes championship golf course completed. facebook.com/159427334192972/photos/a.470132379789131.1073741834.159427334192972/496743

they have repaired the road " Raideep Lal."

Hi, Hello , I can guaranty that you would like Panama, if you would like  help please contact me. And also can help you with the retire visa.  For any eventuallity my mail es [email protected].
Regards,

What is a realistic budget for 2 people to live comfortably in punta pacifica panama city area

Hello markhbruk42,

Welcome to expat.com!

This thread has been inactive since 2014....

Nonetheless I hope that you will be able to obtain an answer soon.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team