29.8.2014 Expat meet-up

Hey all,

I suggest we go have dinner & shisha on the coming Friday. I'm coming to Jeddah for the weekend and would love to meet some of the other expats here.

Maybe it is easiest to meet in some mall, then go on form there to some restaurant etc? At least for me, since I am not familiar with Jeddah :-)

Cheers,
Mika

welcome to Jeddah

Expats only?  :D I'm sort of an Expat. Well Im saudi but Im new to this country  :/

Tahlia street would be a cool and convenient choice. There's everything on that street. If we have enough vehicles, Might as well just cruise around with loud music  :P  JK

lailag wrote:

Expats only?  :D I'm sort of an Expat. Well Im saudi but Im new to this country  :/

I will test if you are a Saudi or an Expat. When you sleep, do you dream in Arabic or English?

aman11022 wrote:
lailag wrote:

I will test if you are a Saudi or an Expat. When you sleep, do you dream in Arabic or English?

very clever :-)

There is one good place in Sultan Mall to dine and have shisha.

Should we settle a time then? For me Sultan mall sounds fine, though I have no idea where it is :-) Inshallah the taxi driver knows... How about Friday, after Isha pray?

Lol!

JizanMika wrote:

Should we settle a time then? For me Sultan mall sounds fine, though I have no idea where it is :-) Inshallah the taxi driver knows... How about Friday, after Isha pray?

trying to meet someone you don't know at a place you have never been.....good luck bro  :P

It's all about how well you define your when&where.

its nice
I hope to meet new friends

Yikes! the gathering is due to tomorrow!

JizanMika, please finalize the details of the meeting if you want people to show up.

A friend from Jeddah has recommended this place for Shisha and light dinner.

It's called Al Nakheel Cafe at Corniche Rd

http://4sq.com/6p8hoL

If anyone else going to second this place, I will show up.

For me this Al-Nakheel restaurant sounds nice! I will be in front of that restaurant at 21:00 waiting for other expats. I think we will find each other, if we try to look very lost  :huh:

Let's see how many people would join. Cuz frankly I cannot travel from KAUST to Jeddah if people won't confirm their attendance  :|

Sounds good. I'll show up if just one person confirms.
So hopefully meet you guys tomorrow.
:)

aman11022 wrote:

Let's see how many people would join. Cuz frankly I cannot travel from KAUST to Jeddah if people won't confirm their attendance  :|

What do you think that we meet with the group in Thuwal  for dinner
Dinner will be Seafood  :top:
Thuwal really wonderful

That is too far! Unless we have enough people confirming to attend the meet, its too long driving all the way up and down to Thuwal for nothing.

ok
just idea

Thuwal idea isn't bad but needs to be well organised. Save it for later.

For now, the people who are going to attend on the specified time and place have to send their contact number to JizanMika's inbox. This is a must!

aman11022 wrote:

Thuwal idea isn't bad but needs to be well organised. Save it for later.

For now, the people who are going to attend on the specified time and place have to send their contact number to JizanMika's inbox. This is a must!

Agreed!

im down

Hi all, again I'm not sure if I'll join you guys for tomorrow my family just back from Jordan but still can arrange something in Saturday also  :cool:  Lol
Regarding al nakheel it is good place but you need to reserve first and confirm if it will be mixed or only for single, another place I suggest break time cafe in tahlia ( near tahlia walk area and Jeddah international market), for restaurants there are a lot for different types but again you need to reserve before to confirm or arrange gathering during the week not in weekend. Anyway hope you guys will enjoy. Will try next time to join for sure  :D

For kaust I'll be interested to join for sure, but need to be confirmed earlier to arrange my schedule, I live in mecca  :cool:

Try "The Globe" restaurant in Sultan Mall... The place is quite big and no reservation required... They serve good meals especially lobster/seafood if you have the appetite for one...there are also nice areas for shisha on the second floor... The ambience is not the typical Saudi thing.. It's like a garden... Kind of open... Comfy environment..

Hi all,

I sent out a few messages and got some confirmations. Lets meet up at Sultan Mall, in the main lobby at 21:00. Please make sure to ask my phone number if you want to locate our gang :)

Hi all I just saw the discussion I wish I could join u guys today  :)

Most welcome! For now I will close this forum and take it easy. Will see each of you at Sultan mall, 21:00! Front door (if there is one) :D

JizanMika wrote:

Most welcome! For now I will close this forum and take it easy. Will see each of you at Sultan mall, 21:00! Front door (if there is one) :D

how did it go?? :/

I could only find one guy and he was with me for 15 minutes. Luckily I had one friend there too. I don't remember who said to me "I will try to come" - next time remember that there is no "trying", you either come or you don't.

well, at least you tried..... :D   it sucks that I saw this thread just now, I could have been there, the place is 5-10 minutes away from my home.

been thinking of a good reason for expats to come out of their shells, and do some fun activities, i guess everyone is too busy in Jeddah............

ahhhh after reading this whole discussion it seems i missed that meetup....if all goes well why not we plan once again ... i am in any time :P

hahaha at least someone had shown up, sorry if i knew earlier i would meet you guys......or should i say sorry for me hihihi..... :D

we can plan again like we have discuss on other post a suggestion form a fellow came and location is also neaer to your place as well ...

may i suggest meeting on Thursday at Casper & Gambini's restaurant at andalus road after isha prayer. whos up for that??

It called uptown 966 now and Casper & Gambini's restaurant in tahlia

JizanMika wrote:

I could only find one guy and he was with me for 15 minutes. Luckily I had one friend there too. I don't remember who said to me "I will try to come" - next time remember that there is no "trying", you either come or you don't.

nice.... :D

Tahlia is a good option ...who is gonna be leader boss to manage all interested people ...:P

welcome to KSA