New in kuwait and please guide me

i m an indian. new in kuwait. working in jabriya. have two young children less than 5 years. have vehicle. for accommodation v r planning to shift to old riggae as few of my friends are there in riggae in v.good locality. v thought of salmiya block 10 but the kind of residential complex v wanted is not there. although v like some of the residential buildings in other blocks of salmiya but very few indian families are staying there.

guys please guide - whether our decision to shift to riggae is good enough,? in terms of children school, my work area. although the residential complex is of our choice.

does V = we?

if your friends are there, why not.

guys please guide me

Good luck, don't expect much.

@parent14 you say shift .... from where?

If you're in Hawally, Abassiya, Farwaniya ... then any other place is better. In my opinion Jabriya is a good option. There is an Indian school and other private schools which you might consider for your kids. There are many nurseries also for younger kids. The traffic? It's not a big deal if you live AND work in Jabriya. The area is pretty central and is very will serviced, Riggae is a 15 min. drive from Jabriya, so you can still visit your friends without much hassles.

Good luck

thanks for reply.
i m staying and working in jabriya.
feel lonely here.
is it feasible to travel daily from old riggae to jabirya ?

You're living with your family right?

You still wanna visit your friends daily??

Anyway, Riggae is just 15 min. drive in reasonable traffic. But everyday is going to take it's toll on you ... maybe.

you would think from your questions that you have just recently started working... is it feasible to drive from riggae to jabriya? by that logic i should resign and sit at home since i live in hawally and drive to shuwaikh every day...

what exactly is your concern here?

@ legacy - my concern is the same as i said - is it feasible to drive daily from riggae to jabriya ?

Give it a try and you will find out.

kuwait is a small country,you have car,run around everywhere,there is no problem for you.

i just really dont understand your question Parent14; do u want to walk? take the bus? cycle? is the concept of driving to work in the morning extremely alien and foreign to u?

walking,person looks like he is a mascot,everybody gives a look at them,cycling,only if you know you will be in presentable condition on arrival.bus service,Good luck.

@ legacy - if u read all your replies - every time u r asking me something instead of answering anything meaningful.
@ justfedup, @ ace117 - thank you.

your question still doesn't make any sense, glad some people were able to get thru to u tho.

Legacy.....he's a newbie lol

Hi Legacy.

I notice you said about buses....

Can you please advise me how I can find out about them!!!!. What number goes to where. The bus time table on the internet is not very good....

Thanks

Hey Sharon,

KPTC give out a cool map you can pick up at any of their major stops - there is one in Kuwait city; quite several actually, i'll see if i can have a friend pick one up for u.

ur right - the websites are extremely unhelpful. if i find something feasible i'll pass it along :)

Thank you. You are very very helpful...:)