Unpaid Credit Card going back (expat)

Good Day Everyone:

I exit saudi arabia last year unfortunately  i had a credit card balance around (8000SR) which i failed to settle when i left saudi arabia, now i had an interview last week and got hired i am scheduled to go back there. My question is 1.will it affect my re-entry there?
2. is there any case filed aganst me? 3. will they send me some (letters/calls) informing me to settle my past bills?

though im willing to pay it even if they charge penalties.

please give me an advice..
thanks and more power...

Josh

In that case, your passport is blacklisted in SAMA (Saudi Monetary Agency). That won't affect your visa process but the banks know your history. You'll face troubles in getting loans, credit cards, leases ... unless and until you visit the recovery department of that bank and settle your loan promptly and get clearance in SAMA records.

How is it even possible to leave like that?  I though to get final exit, you would have to close your bank account, and how could you close your bank account without paying any due amounts?

I guess Passport department records integration with SAMA is not that robust. I know of people exiting KSA with leased cars, unpaid credit cards and even unpaid personal loans.

@jaxstone09,
Trapezius has brought up a valid point that reminded me of something: If you went out on an exit re-entry visa and had opted out not to come back, you might NOT be getting the new visa.

hello..have you landed safely in KSA? i have the same case with you

@jaxstone09, were you in KSA now?
I was able to settle my credit card before I exit in Saudi Arabia, however, I used the credit card when I worked in UAE.
From UAE I called the bank and ask how to make payment overseas, but the man on the phone told me, they have no collecting agencies in UAE, instead he told me to send the payment on my friends in Saudi Arabia to do the payment.
I didn't make a payment (from April 2013 until to date).
Now I will return and work again in Saudi Arabia, Surely I will settle my account with bank when I get there.
In case the bank already files a complaint against me,
1. Will I be get arrested when I arrive in the airport?

when you call the bank, surely they could offer you an amnesty program or discount for the interests incurred. You can actually pay down to 50% of the charges just to settle the bill., depends on your negotiation. When you try to call for support, ask to be referred to their supervisor or manager... they can be flexible as long as they can settle the account. and they will give you instructions on how to send in your payment. They will also give you a clearance certificate or letter of some sort, saying you have cleared your account with them. Better keep this copy, just incase you need it when you file for your next final exit.

Good luck!

Thanks Mr. J. Echo, I will  call them.

Dear

In Saudi Arabia, Now everything has been synchronized with Iqama & Passport & fingerprints. I think, when you will enter in Saudi Arabia, You will be arrested or sent back due to non payment, if bank had filed case against you. In my opinion, you may contact at their International Customer Service number or email to show your consent to settle the said amount.

No, Not required. As my cousin left Saudi Arabia in 2011 on final exit but he did not close his account in Riyadh Bank. Even I used his ATM Card for next two months till his Iqama date had been expired, which had been submitted in bank.

A story I heard from my HR department:

An employee who had taken a loan from a bank went to his home country on ERE but did not return.  2 years later he got another job offer and came on a new visa.  At the airport, he was detained.  An HR rep from his new employer was called to come to the airport and told to take the employee to a hotel and not let him leave until he settled the debt.  He had to make phone calls to his home country to have money wired to the bank and it took about a week.  Once the debt was settled, he was taken back to the airport and deported.

So JohnMartin, you might face the same fate!  Be prepared for that eventuality.

P.S. He is back again, last month, in Khobar!  He has been deported from SA, from Qatar, and from UAE, but keeps coming back!

thank you very much for the info.

I think you better contact your bank and clear the accounts BEFORE travelling.

Get clearance from SAMA and then wait for some time to the records to be updated before you travel here.

If you have someone here , you can ask them to check personally with the bank if SAMA has cleared you or not.

Once cleared by SAMA no issue.

Mr Saqib, I have friends in Saudi, but how they will check it with SAMA?

JohnMartin wrote:

Mr Saqib, I have friends in Saudi, but how they will check it with SAMA?

By visiting the bank or SAMA directly

Anyone knows who went on exit from Saudi this 2014 had an unpaid credit card successfully left Saudi never had a problem at the immigration? I'm planning to go on exit from my current employer and return to another employer after a month. I can't settle my credit card amounting to 12,000 SAR before I would go for exit. I can continue paying on installment basis the way I used to do as soon as I come back. Thanks. If someone can reply me also to this email [email protected] I appreciate it. :)

i was terminated in my company which i worked for 4yrs and went back in the philippines, but i had a loan in the bank ( saudi hollandi bank ) but all of my benifit to the company was sent to the bank SHB by the company because that's the contract to the bank when you are about to get a loan, my question is if i am going back to saudi again do i face problem ? even i am terminated? and one thing when i filed a loan my company gave me a authorization to get loan.

There is no problem..you can go easily to your home country without any hesitation.Last year I  also went on exit to my home country without paying a credit card amount and you can come on new visa..there is no problem dear.Jai...telengan....

nelson0773 wrote:

i was terminated in my company which i worked for 4yrs and went back in the philippines, but i had a loan in the bank ( saudi hollandi bank ) but all of my benifit to the company was sent to the bank SHB by the company because that's the contract to the bank when you are about to get a loan, my question is if i am going back to saudi again do i face problem ? even i am terminated? and one thing when i filed a loan my company gave me a authorization to get loan.

Even you are terminated, Probably you could face a problem when returning back to KSA that depends on if there a case filed against you and shown on the records (SAMA) or not yet.
The authorization letter from your company to get the loan is requested by the Bank and that doesn't make your company responsible for it

TELENGANA wrote:

There is no problem..you can go easily to your home country without any hesitation.Last year I  also went on exit to my home country without paying a credit card amount and you can come on new visa..there is no problem dear.Jai...telengan....

No hesitation?  So you are saying you are ok with theft?

Did you go through final exit, or was it an exit/reentry but you never came back?

nelson0773 wrote:

My question is, does your end benefits able to cover all the loaned amount to the bank? if so, there should be no problem, and you can come back.
Authorization to banks for now, are done with a clause, that if ever, you'll go for exit, or did not come back, the company is liable to provide them your ESB to cover the loan amount you left. SO, if the  ESB is not sufficient to pay for your loan, that's when the problem comes in.

Good Day, Please anybody can advice me what to do i was terminated by my company the reason is poor performance and i have more package salary that's our HR Manager telling me. Unfortunately i have a Bank Loan Saudi Hollandi Bank around SR/- 65,000/- Riyal. My concern is if my company terminated me do i need to pay my loan and freely i can get Exit Permit and they planning me to send back this month.

Please if anybody can advice me regarding my problem i need to know and make necessary moves to make me calm and not to worry.

I received my credit card last may 2014 and utilized the whole 10,000 riyals while processing my family's visa. along the way, the following month, i received a quick termination unexpectedly for no reason at all. That the same morning i received my termination letter, with a ticket the same night together with a final exit visa. i was left with no choice but to leave the country with a clear conscience without any intention to leave my credit card balance unpaid. Also, the car rental i had was left to airport unpaid because i went home with just 10 riyals in my pocket since it happens all in a day.
I never faced any problem in the immigration but i am pretty sure that 3 months till date, the bank may filed a case against me for not paying my dues. I have called the car rental owner and explained to him what happened and expressed clearly that it was not intentional to leave things behind that way since my company was the one to supposedly pay my car rental. Just yesterday we came up to an agreement to pay him monthly  till i come to pay everything and upon receiving the first payment, he will send me a clearance.

My last problem now is the bank because they are asking me to pay the whole amount which i told them that it will be too impossible to pay the whole amount in one time as my finances is too limited yet i also expressed very clearly that i am going to settle my due to keep my name clear in all issues in the kingdom.

If anyone can advise me how to negotiate with the bank in order to convince them that i had no intention of leaving my unpaid credit card bills and ask for a clearance from them to avoid any arrest in the immigration....

Bong1976 wrote:

Good Day, Please anybody can advice me what to do i was terminated by my company the reason is poor performance and i have more package salary that's our HR Manager telling me. Unfortunately i have a Bank Loan Saudi Hollandi Bank around SR/- 65,000/- Riyal. My concern is if my company terminated me do i need to pay my loan and freely i can get Exit Permit and they planning me to send back this month.

Please if anybody can advice me regarding my problem i need to know and make necessary moves to make me calm and not to worry.

:huh:  so they told you, you're salary is too much, and your output is too little....
If, the money you have with you, is enough to cover all of the Bank loan money you took (or if something still remains from it), you should pay it all up, and go peacefully. If not, try bargaining with your company - if you can look for a job and get a transfer within Saudi Arabia, that way, you can check with the bank - or new company (if ever you get a new one) how to transfer your details with them.

Thanks for your reply, But still even i will get all my salary and other benefits is not enough still have balance of SR.60000 Riyals  can i get a exit visa without any problem or they will not allowed me to exit until i will pay the full amount.Please advice me what are the procedure if my company will issue a exit visa without paying balance or the insurance company will shoulder all my unpaid amount.

I have the same issue with the SABB bank i have unpaid loan amounting 65k SAR and credit card around 10k sar leaving KSA in year 2008 . Now is 2014 having some good job offer in KSA again but Im afraid and thinking they might bring me to jail. Since have someone in collecting agency harassing me here in philippines. Im asking if anyone already arrived in KSA with the same problem?

jaxstone09 wrote:

Good Day Everyone:

I exit saudi arabia last year unfortunately  i had a credit card balance around (8000SR) which i failed to settle when i left saudi arabia, now i had an interview last week and got hired i am scheduled to go back there. My question is 1.will it affect my re-entry there?
2. is there any case filed aganst me? 3. will they send me some (letters/calls) informing me to settle my past bills?

though im willing to pay it even if they charge penalties.

please give me an advice..
thanks and more power...

Josh

it is very dangerous u have to pay it back

Would like to ask anyone's opinion on my situation.

I left Saudi last 2008  with unpaid  bank loan and credit card. Back then I was only able to pay my loan (amounting to 15K) for about 3- 4 months. Back then I was not able to get my last full salary due to my expired debit card.

On 2009, I went back back to Saudi again to work for a different company. I dont know if I can call it luck because I did not have any problem at the Saudi immigration. Have peacefully worked for a year then came back again to Philippines and did not return.

Now I'm planning to go back to Saudi again and accept a job there. I'm tired of endlessly worrying regarding the bank loan I left. Is it still possible for me to go back to Saudi, contact the bank and settle my obligations?

Or better yet, is there a way to know if I'm blacklisted in Saudi because of my debt?

Thanks in advance to anyone to would spare his time to answer my question.

Boy British wrote:

I have the same issue with the SABB bank i have unpaid loan amounting 65k SAR and credit card around 10k sar leaving KSA in year 2008 . Now is 2014 having some good job offer in KSA again but Im afraid and thinking they might bring me to jail. Since have someone in collecting agency harassing me here in philippines. Im asking if anyone already arrived in KSA with the same problem?

During your last entry in Saudi Arabia, I guess you have a thumb or fingerprint scanning.. When you go back there even though you have changed your passport, chances is you would be notice as the same person.. just prepare yourself.. It is a lesson...... If you are ready to be jailed then be ready.. The accounting record in in Middleeast countries usually kept up to 10 years.. so I think it could be a bit safe after 10 years but not now

i am sure now u r black listed to sama
just ask any friend to pay this amount for u

If in any case I have no intention of paying them and just stay in my country, what would be the worst case scenario for me? Will they hunt me down like an animal? Btw I'm from the Philippines and I really wanted to pay them. ;))

i think if u want to pay u can pay
sorry to say this its thift

Hey man! do you have any proof of this??? WHAT IF the debtor negotiate with the bank to pay the debts, say in a monthly basis? is it more reasonably for the bank to settle it this way rather than send the debtor to prison?

If you wish to seek employment in the country where you have incurred the debt then it must be paid out before you can.
There is no reason why you cannot negotiate with the bank to pay the loan off.

Depending on what your earnings are now the loan would be renegotiated and you will end up paying the money back over a longer period of time which means you end up paying more.

hi hi my dear
u can start pay from now
its better for ur life

Good day Mr. Yahya! Thank you for replying and reminding me that an act of taking something from someone unlawfully is "theft".
Could you please help me by informing me of ways in how to pay Riyad Bank while I am working in another GCC country? Thank you in advance.

Hello my Dear
now u r brave and honest man. i will help u in this
go to RB website and claim ur problem and u like to solve it. if dose not work you can send ur full name. ur ex ID nomber and your account to atrusted person you Know her in Saudia. then he can follow for you
if not work try to contact again
best regards
:up:

I prefer to pay all ur loan. if u ran from humans u cannot ran from Allah. also if not paid u r black listed her in SAMA so its better to settel ur thing off
wish u best

Good day there my friend! I just sent an e-mail to RB's Public Relations Manager about my situation. I hope that he will reply immediately. Again thanks to you!