Is it safe for Asians to go to Nigeria, Port Harcourt City??

Hii, I'm an Asain,
I have a close friend from Nigeria, Port Harcourt City,
we've known each other for some while and I'm thinking about visiting him in December.
I've never been to Africa before, but I always wanna go and visit.
My friend told me it's gonna be a  worthwhile experience and that really makes me looking forward to enjoying time with him.
But after I checked those info online about the advice of traveling to Africa,
I saw soooo many negative news, safety issues, health problems and so on.
And I also saw some ppl wrote about PHC, they said it's not a safe place to go. 
It really holds me back now, I dunno whether I should still be planning to go visit.
and about me being an Asain,
Is PHC a safe city for me to go as a tourist?? I'm only planning to go for like 9-10 days.
What should I be cautious about?? And can anybody tell me how's the current condition there in that city??

I appreciate ur reply ;)

[ Moderated : no free publicity on the forum please ]

jay78 wrote:

[ Moderated : no free publicity on the forum please ]

:offtopic:

It would be a good idea to ask your friend what arrangements will be on ground for the following:
1. Accommodation
2. Intra-city transport
3. Hangout venues
4. Airport pick up and drop off.

If his arrangements are satisfactory, then your safety is his No.1 priority.

That being said, right now PH is foreigner-friendly - but stick with the well-established hotels/hangout spots and have access to privately-owned transport. Just in case...

Hey, how are you?

guygee wrote:

Hey, how are you?

Welcome to the forum
Could you please introduce yourself to the forum with a little information about yourself. Please feel free to participate on the forum with new posts or answering others.