2nd Expat-Blog Meeting - Dilmun Club Saar - Thu 17th January 2013 8pm

aryan87 wrote:

can u give me more details 35529809

ARYAN

Why would we give you more details for an event that took place 10 days ago??

Dear Jo,

I haven't been much on the forum lately (at least on the English side of it) as I know that Abdalla, Brightonguy, you and many others have become quite active  and giving extremely fast and reliable answers.
Being left by my job with a very very little time off, I never wanted to take the headache of organizing expat gatherings. You can imagine how happy I was when I saw you taking that on your shoulder and setting up a very nice event on the first meeting. My good friend Abdalla was very enthusiastic when telling me how nice it was.
OK your second experience was not that nice... OK sometimes, spending time and energy for others can be disappointing... But even if I don't know you (yet) personally, I'm quite sure you have a lot of fighting spirit and I can't believe you would stop at the first hiccup !
I know how energy consuming it can be to organize this kind of happening but look how everybody was grateful and happy after it...
I'm sure you will miss something if you give up now.

Whatever your decision will be, thanks a lot for your dedication to the forum and its members, whether they deserve it or not... But what we give is for free isn't it ?

Have a fantastic day...
Yours

Olivier

Hi Oliver

Thank you for your lovely message. I do think Brightonguy wants to organise the next event but if he doesn't then I will.

Problem is that I don't really have a venue now - The Dilmun club moved all the people who were going to their Italian dinner evening into a tiny room so that I could have the restaurant space. They were awfully upset to see just a handful of us there taking up all of that room.

I don't really know of any other clubs that will let me use their facilities as I am only a member of the Dilmun.

I am very busy with personal things until the middle of April so probably won't be able to do anything until then.

My eldest is here for Easter so I may throw a party at home and invite the people that did turn up to the last two meetings.

Watch this space................. :)

If / when I organise the third one - I wouldn't do it without Jo - consider it as an event powered by Jo & Jack :P

brightonguy wrote:

If / when I organise the third one - I wouldn't do it without Jo - consider it as an event powered by Jo & Jack :P

Sounds good to me :D

hani6666 wrote:

Hi

good day, Please inform me about next meeting i would love to attend.

Thanks

Hi. Just keep an eye on the forum. Events will be posted there.

hiii

Kindly brief me about this meetings.

me too

:)

Hey guys. This thread is one year old. This event took place in January 2013.

Please take a look at the following thread for the next expat-blog event:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=332749

Yes
I would like to come
Pls let ne know your contacts
Nizar

nigelnizar wrote:

Yes
I would like to come
Pls let ne know your contacts
Nizar

This post is over 18months old, the post Farhaz referred to is 8 months old.

No new meetings are being organised that I know of. When an event like this is done you will get an email from the admin team of Expat.com (if organised properly) so don't worry you will be informed.

I have asked the team in charge of expat-blog to close this post for further comments to stop any confusion.

This brings back some really good memories.  :)

I totally agree!

If you don't mind, I'll just close this thread.

Thanks,

Julien

Closed