Algeria in expat eyes

hello everybody

What was the thing that caught your attention on the first days of your arrival to Algeria??  ;)

give your point of view about the country in a respectful way far away from compliments or sarcasm,

opssss
does it mean expats in Algeria are :sleep

Hi Nadji!!

I arrived in Algiers in the middle of the summer, so of course the first thing I noticed was the crazy heat! Oh my is it HOT!
I've noticed, and really appreciate how calm, or relaxed the people seem to be. Other than when driving (the driving did scare me a little bit) Algerians seem to be very relaxed, not always in a hurry like I've experienced in many other countries. Algerians are also some of the sweetest people I have met! The landscape is beautiful too! Driving to the coast was great!

hello sweetocean

thanks for the drop
hope more expats will give their point of view to make the forum valuable

My first trip here was in 1998,when the plane arrived at the airport I immediately noticed lots of police with guns,and lots of men everywhere you looked!!!a bit of a culture shock tbh,I lived in Italy for 9yrs,so I expected a similarity to Napoli maybe,not really!!!    but that was then,this is now and how it has changed !!! Still developing but so much more inviting than in the 1990's!! The good points are Islam, of course,then the relaxed way of life,fresh fruit&veg,areas of beauty,like Jijel and the mountains,the Sahara,the people are generally really nice......negatives...I wish people wouldn't throw rubbish everywhere,there are bins around and of course the crazy crazy drivers!! Otherwise I am very happy living here for the foreseeable future InshAllah....

HELLO how are i am canadian citizen my fiancé to be is algerian i tried sending him invitation but he was rejected however i am planning on moving over soon, your dues will be appreciated . he wants me to be algerian citizen as well how about i go from here any advise will also be appreciated . thanks in regards.

i am actually moving there needing an advise thanks in regard.

hello Simsimaa and welcome on board
well what can i say, totally different culture, and way of life
MAYBE you will dislike it at the first but then will get to use to it and love it for sure
plz can you be more specific in your question if you need a clear view of the country
regards

Nadji

Salams Simsimaa...I can tell you about becoming an Algerian citizen...you need to have residency here for 7 yrs then you can apply for an Algerian passport...a couple of my friends,one Irish,one English are already applying for their Algerian passports...
Concerning living here,well that depends on whereabouts you will be and will you live with his family or alone,will he have an income to support you?...