SIM CARD

Hello,
I'm arriving to Yangon next week.
How can I get a "working" SIM card? Any suggestion ? Which one should I choose? Prices?
Thaaaaaaaaaaank you all so much in advance ;)

There is a Service provider called OOREDO and they have launched new service in 1.5 USD, so just get a new one...cheers!!

LOTS of reports of Ooredoo's network not properly working yet, as well as many shops selling the new Ooredoo sim cards marked up to 40,000 kyats from their initial price of 1,500 kyats. 
So ask around first.

Telenor (another new telco) will be launching their sim cards in a few weeks, so if you can't get a working Ooredoo sim card (or they are asking for an inflated price) then wait until the Telenor sim cards are released

Thank you very much :D

I heard on 1st Sept 2014, Myanmar Telecom (MPT) starts selling SIM card at market rate of USD1.50. I recommend using MPT as theirs has much better coverage area than new players (Ooredoo & Telenor).

All right !!!!! Goood information, thankyou very much! Do you know if it works in Iphones (GSM) ??? ;)

oasisjm wrote:

All right !!!!! Goood information, thankyou very much! Do you know if it works in Iphones (GSM) ??? ;)

No problem in iPhones, you'll need to get the sim cut to size, they'll be able to do that in store for you with their magical mysterious cutting gadget

Yes, we use it on Iphone 5 now. Just that you need to cut it to Nanosize as it comes in micro size.