Placer mining in Ecuador?

This is probably an odd-ball question, but does any one here have any experience with placer mining in Ecuador? You might be a geologist, mining eng, etc.

Knowing a bit about the industry in Canada ( i did have some leases once), i was just searching it, and found this fellow Jack with a very cool site, http:/www.adventure-trader.com/a-gold-dredging-partner-in-ecuador.html.

Anyone know Jack?
Cheers!
James

Are you serious? The goofball claims "I have found more gold in Ecuador than I can mine in ten lifetimes," and also promises to teach you how to find "at least a quarter ounce of gold every day." Now he's happily selling training courses on the internet... Sure, no scam there. Sounds totally legit :rolleyes:

jessekimmerling wrote:

Are you serious? The goofball claims "I have found more gold in Ecuador than I can mine in ten lifetimes," and also promises to teach you how to find "at least a quarter ounce of gold every day." Now he's happily selling training courses on the internet... Sure, no scam there. Sounds totally legit :rolleyes:

I think you might be talking about some other person on the website, probably I have you the wrong URL, the previous linked url had a period that the end, which fouled it. So go here:

http:/www.adventure-trader.com/a-gold-dredging-partner-in-ecuador.html

here's some text from the page:

Hello Everyone,

My name is Jack. I am an American Expat living in Ecuador. I am a friend of Stan's, and I can tell you he is a great guy and the best friend you could ever want. You may have seen the post, where another friend of Stan's, Jim, is selling his gold dredging equipment. I met Jim once at Stan's and he is a good guy. It is too bad, he is selling. I imagine he has found another adventure elsewhere.

Gold Dredges For Sale in Ecuador

Jim's selling his gold dredging equipment has created an awesome opportunity for someone else. If I had the extra cash, I would already own some or all of his gear. I am an experienced gold prospector. I don't claim to know it all but I owned a 20 acre placer claim in southern Oregon, and have been into prospecting since the late 1970s.

Nope, same con artist's web site. Dig deeper. Looks at the "classes" they're selling.

You should also keep in mind that Ecuador doesn't just hand out mineral leases. Even if you own the property, you don't own the mineral wealth underneath it. Even thermal springs require permission and payments to the government to tap. Mining in Ecuador is extremely controversial. I recommencement you take a few days googling the words "mining" "Ecuador" and "Intag"

jessekimmerling wrote:

Nope, same con artist's web site. Dig deeper. Looks at the "classes" they're selling.

You should also keep in mind that Ecuador doesn't just hand out mineral leases. Even if you own the property, you don't own the mineral wealth underneath it. Even thermal springs require permission and payments to the government to tap. Mining in Ecuador is extremely controversial. I recommencement you take a few days googling the words "mining" "Ecuador" and "Intag"

I'll PM you.
Cheers!
James

jessekimmerling wrote:

By finding more gold than one can mine in 10 lifetimes isnt that crazy. Anybody with a few decent claims and test holes drilled can make that legit statement. Its in the ground and takes a lot of time and money to get out.

As far as the quarter oz a day. If he is trying to scam by telling somebody they can make 1/4 oz (300-400$) a day then he is not a very good scam artist. When considering the price of fuel and the equipment it takes to find that quarter oz then a quarter oz is nothing. I assume he means with his dredges so with an 8 in dredge a quarter oz a day would basically be a waste of time, would probably lose money after expenses.

I know guys who go to alaska and mine an oz a day and still barely come out ahead. Mining is expensive. If you told any small scale miner looking to profit "Hey you could come here and mine up to a quarter oz a day with a 6in dredge" they would laugh at you.

Why do you think Jim is selling his mining equipment????

I have some bridges for sale one has 3 toll booths. The others just charge an entry fee, Talk about mining gold.

Hey
By searching the internet I found this forum and your discussion. I am also interested in gold dredging in Ecuador, especially in the Llanganates. Does anybody know if it is allowed to dredge in this nature reserve and possible to get a mining claim (as foreigner)?
What are the restrictions or what are the conditions for a licene/claim in Ecuador?

I would be pleased if anybody could response. Thank you,

Lafarge