Make up stores in Cairo

Hi all

Im new to Egypt & wanted to find out from all the women on this site how it is shopping for make-up in Cairo...or Egypt as a whole, Im a make-up artist & I usually get my things from INGLOT, MAC or MIKYAJY (almost always from UAE or UK) i no Mikyajy are only found around the gulf countries so i will have to go there when i travel back, but is there any brands up to the standards of MAC & INGLOT.....(or is there a MAC or INGLOT somewhere).

If so pleaseeeeee let me know when i can find them and names etc, any help appreciated :D

Most of fine egyptian ladies in Egypt buy Christian Dior, Guerlain, Givency and all the good stuff, even with a base of La Prairie cream. You can find all this stuf in any big perfumery shop or even drug store. It does not matter from where you bring your product as long are acceptable as quality, for your own sake.

make up in Egypt is HORRIBLE!!! unless you plan to cake your face in shiny white powder so you look like a Porcelain doll/ clown...:S (like way too many Egyptian girls I've seen here) or you want to pay an arm and a leg for designer brand. I suggest you stock up before you come...Or you will be wishing you did later :)I bring my MAC and Clinic..ect staples with me..I've yet to find a MAC store in Egypt :(

Let s try to be little tolerant about make up in Egypt!
People all around world, try to find some things from Egypt, this being wellknown for a lot of " natural cures" for hair, skin...
Also, shops are full of WHITENING products, because here it is a trend: WOMEN ARE KEEN OF BEING VERY WHITE! Even I could see foundation complete white :huh: , but as soon as people buy them it means these will be here.
Personally, I use to buy some of my " products" at Mazaya. The prices are good, and there are shops in City Stars- Heliopolis and Nasr City, Mohandesin, and Grand Store- Roxi Square, Heliopolis.
Also, good pharmacies sell some of products.

Even if you could find your fav brand in Cairo it would be way more expensive than abroad thanks to import taxes. Do stock up before you come and avoid buying local brands (many actually produced in China, with little to no quality control).

Hello,

I recommend to shop through this website as all the products they offer are brands and they ship to egypt freely.
I tried it and i think that its prices are good.

StrawberryNet

my dear ..

If you go to any of Mazaya or faces stores in Egypt you'll be able to buy very good brands.
MAC is not here yet .. but i heard L'oreal is opening soon.

If you looked online you can find many stores located everywhere for Mazaya & faces.

Thanks
Marianna

you can go to Roxy in Mazaya store , it is sell all the brand you mentioned and original.

me too dear i need some make up from make up forever and mac and they are hard to find especially mac !!
can anyone tell us !! I will keep looking and will tell you ladies if i reach out to something

@ hadeel78 > Just to inform you that this thread is an old one ( January 2011) ;)

Thank you,

Priscilla

Wild wrote:

Most of fine egyptian ladies in Egypt buy Christian Dior, Guerlain, Givency and all the good stuff, even with a base of La Prairie cream. You can find all this stuf in any big perfumery shop or even drug store. It does not matter from where you bring your product as long are acceptable as quality, for your own sake.

Most of egyptian ladies?.., You kidding?
I think You r living on the Mars, not in  the real life..., if most of egyptian ladies can even afford cheaper european cosmetic brands or the middle class- it would be really great..cos I know well, from the real life, that for the average egyptian lady even Avon, Oriflame, Mary K., Paese, even cheap polish brand available in Egypt called- Eva Natura or Pollena Eva- it's too expensive...; - "Beautiful but too expensive" - they say...,even the ladies who get a bit bigger salary, like 4000 le or 3500 le, or 2500 le, which is consider for the most of egyptians as very good salary /cos average salary be 1200-1500le, yes!, average for the most! of egyptian ladies!, see?, here is your most , the most of egyptian ladies hidden.../ - can afford Avon, Orifalme, etc., in fact even egyptian brand like Eva Cosmetics Egypt, is often too expensive for them too...
And this ladies aren't even illiterate but well educated, finished Cairo Unversity, having a Master degre.., even higher.., has a good profession.., nice work,,. etc..

But if You meant here, that most of egyptian women are using luxury, famous designers brands- so You'r right!:), Why?, it's so simple- in any1, even the most luxury pharmacy!, heh.., even in Zamalek, Beverly Hills in 6 th of October City!( Yes..., I saw!), In Mohandessen, Heliopolis (Yes.., I saw!!!) etc., in any kind of , even the biggest and the most luxury, expensive pharmacy!, still You can find also cheaper brands, and fake original cosmetics of the most popular designers - Like fake Dior for ... 6le!, or 16 le!, for nail polish, lip stick, etc., any kind of cosmetics.., see?.
We all know well, that in Egypt nd similar countries, not- european and not- american one, making fakes it's so good, profitable business..., and it's not allowed in Europe, Usa.., cos You can go to jail for that...m
but not here in Egypt...
So I 'm so sure about it, that u meant- by telling - "the most of Egyptian ladies are using good , luxury designers brands cosmetics", You MEANT - fakes...
cos other wise, how can average, so how come the most of egyptian ladies, by having small salary, can even afford a cream for sorry.. 4000 le?, even for 2000 le?,, nd eye shadows for over 900 le?..., unless she will spend all of her salary for just make up nd cosmetics..., which I have doubts about it.. for sure..,
same even Romanian ladies.., even polish, and any other ladies in non- western european countries...,
even in rich western european countries, ladies dnt buy this kind of cosmetics often, so rarely.., if so.., I know this from them, nd living there .., and from my western european friends and family.,., even if they can afford them, it's still too expensive- as for the price for them...,
and I know many Zamalek ladies nd living in Beverly Hills / Egyptian, European too/, and they are mostly buy most popular famous, normal, average  international brands, like: Maybelline, Rimmel, Bourjois, Gosh, Next, Sephora, Margaret Astor, Coty, Yves Rocher, Avon, Oriflame, Manhattan Cosmetics, Lavera, Clinique, Max factor, Isa Dora, Pupa, Art Deco..., not designers..,
Btw, in Egypt even this cheap or cheaper brands, still You can buy much fakes...!,. in Egypt and similar countries of course.., so if average egyptian lady has one of them, like for example- Maybelline, Bourjois, Rimmel, Manhattan, Max Factor, Pupa, even Clinique- she bought it in cheap drugstore, cosmetic store, or even supermarket, or pharamcy- it can be fake for sure.., depends how much she paid for it..that's it..,

So I think You mean by using the average word here- that average means only rich, the richest egyptians, i guess- mostly- only millionaires, billionaires, really wealthy egyptians, not the real- average egyptian ladies..
so u shoudn't to call average rich egyptians, cos it's then not right thing to do, for sure..,
cos not all classes r same

You can buy on agzakhana.com, agzakhana.egypt- it's an egyptian online pharmacy
and online..even from ur country.., just about delivery in egyptian post office..,

http://www.nefsak.com/Cosmetics/?sort=p … irection=1https://www.jumia.com.eg/special-price/make-up/

Here is all You need.
Make up from- MAC, DIOR, CHANEL, ART DECO, REVLON, RIMMEL, ISA DORA, ORIFLAME, AVON, CLINIQUE, ETC.

AND TRY: agzakhana.com. agzakhana.eg
it's an egyptian online pharmacy

there is all, too

but the prices may be much much much and much more higher,than in your country, and in usa- european countries...

i dnt think it's only about tax and impotring luxury or good , middle class goods from europe, it's also about, that egyptians r really poore nation, nd egyptian women mostly aren't working, also the fact that even ifthey be working, after they will born a kid, they will never work again, but mostly will born one kid after another one, so they be having big- large family , which be not consider for egyptians as big,, cos for them maybe 15 or 25kids be big, but not 3-4-5-6 + more kids, like for european or american stndards, so they dnt have a money tobuy good quality imported make up or european cosmetics, even the one who r much educated, esp. after they got married nd born kid, or should i say? much kids,  and also the products that r cheap or much cheaper in europ, for egyptians they be still so luxury,  they be still seen as very much luxury, best one, so the importers, managers etc, they will and they r using this situation and they r especially making prices on imported goods , products, especially from europe, especially- the stuff like make up, exactly- much higher, over priced.. cos make up is so desirable for egyptian ladies, and they r liking to put much of it, make a strong make up, so i think also to buy any kind of european products even for the poorest class/like making just 300 le, 800  le, then 1500 le or even 2000le, even just to buy the product just 1 time in a year, for example, i know an egyptian married girl, who is over 28 years old and she is working as a child psychologist
- therapist in governmental school, her monthly salary is just.. 300 le! i coudnt beleive in that1, and she graduated Cairo University, having a Master Degree and pedagogical courses, especial one, a lot of.. : (/, it' s  still be seen as so luxury one, and to show , showing up themself in them society...so in Europe, even in poorer european countries, like: eastern european, northern, etc. , still to buy a good, famous cosmetic brand, like: Rimmel, Revlon, Oriflame, Avon, Maybelline, even MAC, it's nothing especial, not ruin, destroy them monthly budget, but for average egyptian lady, its so damn much,, much sacrifices, its so expensive for them.. its so sad but what u can do?,
u even have an example. like:
everywhere in Europe AVON, ORIFLAME, is selling them cosmetics in catalogues. but here in Egypt they r mostly selling them in good, even luxury pharmacies, make up stores.., etc. , cos it's seen as such a luxury one, and expensive one, too.. & they never r in promotions like in European countries. cos the price be still same, "fixed" one..,
and Egyptian society is divided into classes, so much differences between them,, like the poorest class and the richest egyptians, this kind of situation can only happened in third world countries, unfortunately..

hadeel78 wrote:

me too dear i need some make up from make up forever and mac and they are hard to find especially mac !!
can anyone tell us !! I will keep looking and will tell you ladies if i reach out to something

http://www.nefsak.com/Cosmetics/?sort=p  irection=1

https://www.jumia.com.eg/special-price/make-up/

Here is all You need.
Make up from- MAC, DIOR, CHANEL, ART DECO, REVLON, RIMMEL, ISA DORA, ORIFLAME, AVON, CLINIQUE, ETC.

AND TRY: agzakhana.com. agzakhana.eg
it's an egyptian online pharmacy

there is all, too

but the prices may be much much much and much more higher,than in your country, and in usa- european countries...

Aykalam wrote:

Even if you could find your fav brand in Cairo it would be way more expensive than abroad thanks to import taxes. Do stock up before you come and avoid buying local brands (many actually produced in China, with little to no quality control).

the prices may be much much much and much more higher,than in your country, and in usa- european countries...

i dnt think it's only about tax and impotring luxury or good , middle class goods from europe, it's also about, that egyptians r really poore nation, nd egyptian women mostly aren't working, also the fact that even ifthey be working, after they will born a kid, they will never work again, but mostly will born one kid after another one, so they be having big- large family , which be not consider for egyptians as big,, cos for them maybe 15 or 25kids be big, but not 3-4-5-6 + more kids, like for european or american stndards, so they dnt have a money tobuy good quality imported make up or european cosmetics, even the one who r much educated, esp. after they got married nd born kid, or should i say? much kids,  and also the products that r cheap or much cheaper in europ, for egyptians they be still so luxury,  they be still seen as very much luxury, best one, so the importers, managers etc, they will and they r using this situation and they r especially making prices on imported goods , products, especially from europe, especially- the stuff like make up, exactly- much higher, over priced.. cos make up is so desirable for egyptian ladies, and they r liking to put much of it, make a strong make up, so i think also to buy any kind of european products even for the poorest class/like making just 300 le, 800  le, then 1500 le or even 2000le, even just to buy the product just 1 time in a year, for example, i know an egyptian married girl, who is over 28 years old and she is working as a child psychologist
- therapist in governmental school, her monthly salary is just.. 300 le! i coudnt beleive in that1, and she graduated Cairo University, having a Master Degree and pedagogical courses, especial one, a lot of.. : (/, it' s  still be seen as so luxury one, and to show , showing up themself in them society...so in Europe, even in poorer european countries, like: eastern european, northern, etc. , still to buy a good, famous cosmetic brand, like: Rimmel, Revlon, Oriflame, Avon, Maybelline, even MAC, it's nothing especial, not ruin, destroy them monthly budget, but for average egyptian lady, its so damn much,, much sacrifices, its so expensive for them.. its so sad but what u can do?,
u even have an example. like:
everywhere in Europe AVON, ORIFLAME, is selling them cosmetics in catalogues. but here in Egypt they r mostly selling them in good, even luxury pharmacies, make up stores.., etc. , cos it's seen as such a luxury one, and expensive one, too.. & they never r in promotions like in European countries. cos the price be still same, "fixed" one..,
and Egyptian society is divided into classes, so much differences between them,, like the poorest class and the richest egyptians, this kind of situation can only happened in third world countries, unfortunately..

There is good make up here i live in New Cairo and so many stores like faces and Fortune have wonderful brand names like PUPA , Lancome , Dior , Clarinse and many more.
I am looking for MAC though specifically because i need a certain  mat color from them , there is only one store i have been told by my hear dresser but i for got the mall . As soon i find out I post it for you girls. But seriously products are good here. I bought the Clarines lotion with spf 15 for clarifying is amazing !! and it was not like a thousand it was 400 Ep . Its fair since i would buy it at same price expect in dollars .Any way there is City stars festival Mall and a few more i do not recollect at the moment. Plus maybelline , cover girl . Loreal are every where like big pharmacies  , I love Egypt

Lol she said "most of *FINE* egyptian ladies not all, so calm down ( I know it's an old comment but just in case someone read it..)

There's Ramfa and bloom in mohandeseen and al image pharmacy in zamalek

They have all kinds of makeup brands (benefit, muf, toofaced etc)  but are crazy expensive, they double up the prices

They are a lot of kinds of makeup stores here feel fre if you wanted to know any thing before you come

Go ahead to Mall El Arab in October or CityStars madinet nasr ))

hi my father went to egypt for a visit and now he is in cairo actually i am a makeup addict so can u name some drugstore in cairo.