Cost of Food and Utilities

Hey,

I'm shifting to Mauritius and I would be really happy if anyone could tell me the AVERAGE MONTHLY SPENT on Food (cooking at home so grocery, meat, dairy products, etc shopping), Electricity, Water, Internet, Gas for Motorbike. For a young couple ( We don't drink or smoke so  :top: )

Just throw me an estimate like 6000 or 7500. No need to go deep into the figures

Thanks a lot,
Shantanu

Hi Shantanu,

I suggest you to have a look at the threads found in the Cost of living in Mauritius section, you will find some useful information.

Thank you,

Priscilla  :cheers:

Hi Food is about double the price of the UK, Water is about £1.10 , electric is about £40 , internet & TV about £30 all a month, petrol is about £1.10 per litre, calor gas bottle usually once you have bought the bottle £6.40 per refill, last us about two to three weeks for cooking & hot water. Reference shopping trolley load used to cost us £100, will cost you about £200 to £250 here. But with the other costs offsets a little. Hope this is helpful.

Hi Shantanu,

Average price for 2 persons:

Water CWA- average price 50 / 200 roupies* per month

Electricity bill - average price 800 / 2000 roupies* per month

Internet - average price 800 / 1300 roupies per month [you can pay more or less depends on the packages and companies]

Petrol - average price 50 / 52 per litre i think

Average price for two persons for food is 12000* per month

*Finally it's all depends on your personal use.