Any Malaysian expat.in Jubail

ham_ieza wrote:

Salam Bro Zuraimi,

Can you give me your email address, need to acquire some details regarding relocating to Jubail/KSA. I recently being offered by SADARA as well. My email address is [email protected]. thanks.

Salam & Goodday to All fellow Malaysian

I'm expecting a relocation to Jubail too in this near time...the visa is still in progress and need some advise from you guys (same case with Mr. ham_ieza).

Appreciate some essential input that would guide me there. Drop me some useful words to my email here: [email protected]

Looking forward to join you guys especially in SADARA (and others too :) ..... ).

Salam and good day Malaysians,

Visa already approved expected move to Jubail after Raya  :cheers:

Salam & hello guys..

I just accepted SATORP's offer, for IT position.. so far I didn't find anyone on this thread working with that company..  :|

salam All n very gud evening..
i got offer from SATORP...now still processing the visa...need some advice from u guys...thanks in advance...  :)

thanks a lot

Assalam everybody, Hi semua,

I received offer from AYTB- Sabic Kemya ( Saudi Elastomer Project), accepted the offer and currently waiting for Visa stamping.
Question from newbie :-
1- How long Visa stamping would take time to complete?
2- Medical fee reimbursement for Visa ? With Thinkplus or the hiring company?
3- Resignation tender, after visa stamping ? Visa validity only 3 month then it would be problem for myself as my notice is 3 month.. Whoever got same experinces please share the trick..;))

Thanks a lot bro..later question will be same as other bros
Hopefully to see you there soon

Hallo bro, Welcome.

1- How long Visa stamping would take time to complete? Anything from 1 to 3 months
2- Medical fee reimbursement for Visa ? With Thinkplus or the hiring company? Reimbursement from Thinkplus but you have to follow up .... I got mine after 1 year
3- Resignation tender, after visa stamping .. Resign only after you have you Visa approved

Thanks bro vramakr for the feedback..

1- How long Visa stamping would take time to complete? Anything from 1 to 3 months
    I wish it 1 week. I was understand from Thinkplus it settle within a week.. :/

From email :-

1. LOGC pickup at MOFA
2. Education cert attestation at MOE and MOFA for SPM.
3. SPM is attested at Saudi Embassy
4. Work Visa papers is prepared, keyed into system and finalised
5. Visa application
6. Visa approved

All of the above will take 1 day each, thus total of 6 days maximum, starting from Monday next week.

2- Medical fee reimbursement for Visa ? With Thinkplus or the hiring company? Reimbursement from Thinkplus but you have to follow up .... I got mine after 1 year
    Hmmm...interesting..

3- Resignation tender, after visa stamping .. Resign only after you have you Visa approved
    I mean the notice period. I understand only after Visa approval then only can resign. But how to play
    a game here since i got 3 month notice with current company..(visa validity only 3 month). Anyone got same  experiences

Salam and good day to all,

I am new here currently working in KL.
I just received offers from both Sabic (Riyadh) and Sadara (think will be in Jubail) and after much deliberation I decided yesterday to accept Sadara. I hope I have made the right decision.

My question to all otai, what is rent like for house with 4 rooms? I prefer house and not apartment. Are they furnished/unfurnished? How much?

Second question, I have UK driving license (i live and work there for 12 years....). UK driving license is accepted in all EU countries. Can I used UK driving license in KSA?

Appreciate advice from all otai... thanks.

GiJ0e wrote:

Salam and good day to all,

I am new here and welcome any comments and views from all otai.
I just recieved offers from both Sabic (Riyadh) and Sadara (think will be in Jubail) and after much deliberation I decided yesterday to accept Sadara. I hope I have made the right decision.

My question to all otai, what is rent like for house with 4 rooms? I prefer house and not apartment. Are they furnished/unfurnished? How much?

Any advice?

Rent is usually in annual basis. Good landlord will offer you bi annual basis. The rent pretty much relies on the location. At Jubail Town, rarely there will be any villas. Usually a compound with 4 to 6 houses. The rent can go from 24k to 35k a year.

In Jubail Industrial City, the rent swings on a higher side. Two years back, you can get a villa around SR45k a year. That's around Hijaz Sector. Nowadays the rent has notched a little bit high. Starting from 48k to 70k a year. 70k a year rent will give you a super big villa usually at Dareen/Taibah/Al Farooq/Hijaz sector.

Thanks Bro for the info. Helpful for budgeting purposes.

How about my second question?  I have UK driving license (i live and work there for 12 years....). UK driving license is accepted in all EU countries. Can I used UK driving license in KSA?

Appreciate all otai's comment on this.
Worse case I will apply for IDP (International Driving Permit) before departing as back up.

Joe, get yourself a Internation driving license permit. You will be able to use that until you get your Iqama (Resident Permit). Once you get your residence permit you have to take Saudi driving license.

GiJ0e wrote:

How about my second question?  I have UK driving license (i live and work there for 12 years....). UK driving license is accepted in all EU countries. Can I used UK driving license in KSA?

Yes you can use your UK DL till you get your IQAMA and get a car on rent. And after you get ur IQAMA you can apply for a Saudi DL and good thing is since you are having a UK DL, you will get the Saudi DL in a day, without much hassles/tests !!

Thanks Vramakr and Saimans.

will get the IDP anyway lah kot since the cost is not ridiculously expensive. But good to know I can get Saudi DL using UK DL ;).

Another question. Slightly deviate from Jubail forum. Do we have forum for Malaysian in Riyadh? Or any of you know someone in Riyadh?
If you do, pls let me know. I need to get some info on Riyadh too since I have option between Jubail or Riyadh. Thanks.

As salam semua..byk info2 berguna yg saya dapat dr forum ini..saya skrg tgh contemplating for attending Sadara interview..just would like to ask the following;
1. Any tips to be successful with Sadara phone/skype interview?

2.saya from finance background, having approx 13 yrs of experiences..been earning around rm10k+, how much should I been asking as minimum?

3. Di pahamkan it is family package, biasanya apa yg diorg akan offer & how much? In term of housing, car or education allowance.

4. Anak saya yg sulung darjah 2 (8thn).. bagaimana mutu n pendidikan di sana? Adakah advisable saya pergi sendiri dahulu n bwk family kenudian.

Sorry byk tanya..excited tgok perkongsian pengalaman otai2 semua

Rgds
Zul

Zul,

I can answer your first question, untuk dpt kerja di Arab, motto dia simple....cakap banyak-banyak non stop, dia org akan impress and you akan dapat kerja confirm.... :D

@ Zul > Please post in english only on this english speaking forum. It will help everybody here to understand and willing to help.

Thank you,

Priscilla

Hi Zul,
1. (Answered by our friends already... hehe..)

2. Advised from my agent (not thinkplus) is to make sure the interview is OK and let them put the offer to you. Not sure about others but I only negotiated the package after the offer. Usually the offer is quite good already way above our current salary. Maybe others can give more insight on this. I am quite lucky to get 2 offers within the same months so I have a luxury to choose and 'laga-laga' kan dorang.. hehe.

3. Depending on grade. In my case the package includes housing allowance, transportation allowance, education (number of kids depends on company), and technical allowance (only for technical position). Again, the quantum depends on grade.

4. Not sure since I am also about to go (still in Malaysia) but I definitely will bring all my kids to school there. I am not worried about the quality. My kids used to english school in the UK and learning over there is way more relaxing than in Malaysia, but still my daughter managed 5As in UPSR even she returned to join year 4 at Malaysian primary school (without even going to tuition). Some of us preferred to go single. In my case I will go 'solo' for the first 6-12 months.

Maybe otai over there can share more.

Hi gi joe..
May I know..how long tht u hav been waitin for settle all the interviews from sadara? I am still waitin for next interview. ..
tq😁

Hi miszorro,

Not sure if I understand your question clearly but for Sadara, my skype interview was on early June 2014 and recieved offer on early August 2014. It just one skype session and straight away the employment offer.

Thanks bro gi joe...
Ic...so after the skype session..u dont knw the result tht u hav been selected immediately ?
my 1st intrviw is with the agent 2 weeks ago  and the agent toldme on tht dy. I must be prpare for next skype session intrvw with sadara...but right now my frens ask me to join them for small project..but still need invest some money..so then..should I forget about it.bcoz its not easy if we are not longer stay in mylsia..but I still dont know the result yet. Everythings come in the same time..hurmnn...

Hi
Just 20cent comment:-
If the interviewer really like us, the session is just more on chit chatting rather than interview session with tough technical question with plant diagram drawn on the white board, torturing, mind blowing question, provoke question etc etc etc (typical interview session for some company in Malaysia for process guy like me)...

Just be ourself, enjoy the session at least for learning experience and learn the interview style and culture for coming chances..Good Luck

Thanks dude..
the 1st interview is really really simple..just like what u said...mybe bcoz the intrviewer reallyy loiked my cv x..Hehee..
dun knowlah with the second one soon..
Still waitin..

Same here miszorro..still waiting for the 2nd or skype interview. If u been hearinf anything do share. Which specialities u applied? I applied the Finance side.

Ok.I will shre..I applied for site logistic...but when the plant will operating exactly?anyone yg thu???
pnantian satu pyiksaan..kah..kahh...😁

Hi all,

Just to inform i have landed in KSA last sunday. However, I have made a u turn and go for Sabic and right now I am in Riyadh. Otherwise would be able to meet you guys. Nevermind, i will let you all know if i have any trip to Jubail.

Regards.

welcome GI Joe, since ur in SABIC lync me at my id vimalanrk from SABIC ya. Tc and all the best man

Hi vramakr,
Thanks for that but I am yet to get my username and computer. My director is travelling to US and I need his approval to get all those things. Hope it won't take long as he is coming back this Tuesday, otherwise I have to spend time reading to kill the time....  :)

Honeymoon period mate enjoyy

Hello again!

Just a quick question, if you guys want to send a parcel or a package to Malaysia, whats are the courier/shipping services available? (of course, has to be reasonable too!!  :D )

Regards,
3dnan

Not sure Bro,
I guess you have to 'kirim' to anybody who is going back... :)

But yeah, good question. Would be nice if someone can answer this.

Hi everyone! Haven't been "here" for quite a while now - happy to see many new names coming up in the thread. I hope things are going smooth for you guys who are transitioning into Jubail/KSA life. Anyway bro @vramakr is always good in regularly giving tips around here (unlike me, Chipsmore - kejap ada kejap takde).

@3dnan, @GiJ0e - standard courier services like DHL and FedEx are available, and the cost depends on how you want the shipment to be handled (with insurance, priority or normal delivery, which type of service etc). So there's no sure answer with regards to the cost. However, I did ship my old laptop (gedabak size, almost 5 kg) with DHL using the cheapest available option and it cost me around 350SAR. It reached Melaka about 1.5 week later.

I sent my packages via saudi post. Reliable but will take some time. Sent 10kgs worth of dates to my family back in Malaysia and they asked for SR 200 something if I am not mistaken.

Hello all.
Is this topic still active? I am in the process of moving to Khobar/Dhahran. Been here for a few weeks now and most of the times feel deadly bored. Nothing to do no one to meet at the weekends.

Hop on the car and drive to Bahrain. Youre working with Aramco?

Welcome KualaPilah! Yes the thread is still alive but been quiet for a while now. How's it been for you so far? Well Dhahran/Dammam is much more livier than Jubail. And Bahrain is just a bridge away so there's a lot to explore  :D

Probably need to rent a car to Bahrain. But am not familiar with driving system in Saudi yet. A bit hesitated though.
I work for Baker Hughes. Aramco is our client.
Is there any active Malaysian society or community here? Any meeting points or something like that?

Thanks Modjo.
Apart from terribly bored, I've been good. Been to most of the malls here. No Malaysian restaurant in here apparently. Sometimes spend times with Indonesians. But most of them are on rotation basis and work on the field at all times. It left me with nothing to do. Lol

Don't fret and give it time to settle in - took me a good two months to re-adjust. How long will you be stationed here? I know of an organized Malaysian community here in Jubail and they do have regular meet-ups, camping trips, breakfast bazaars etc - buzz me and I'll lead you to their Facebook page.

I do go to Dhahran sometimes but most of the weekends I am in Bahrain, maybe we can meet up sometimes. About the driving part, you'll get past the initial shock in no time   :gloria

Thanks Modjo.
I will be here for a permenant position, but my company always moves me around. Probably 5 years in here.
I'd love to join Malaysian community in Jubail. Don't mind to drive all the way there once I settle down here and got a car.
Yes, let's meet up. I would like to go to Bahrain once I get a chance too.