About maids in Riyadh

so i was wondering, if i wanted to get a maid, will she be ok with the idea of staying alone with my husband? i know some girls don't feel comfortable to staying alone with a guy especially if the wife is away, i just wanna make sure it's ok and i'm not violating any codes of conduct in Riyadh, i know they have so many rules, and i just wanna make sure that if he's home early and alone, she won't like feel weird about it.
And please, if you guys have any tips about this matter share them

Not a problem; unless you, your husband or the maid has any kind of issue with that !!

not at all, me and him are fine with that, i was just worried maids will have an issue with that matter, do you actually know maids that stay alone with the husband? or i will get a verbal volley-ball once i ask her to?hahahaha

:lol: I dunno why are you so specific about the maid spending time/Stay alone with your husband. If its a complete professional environment then no one has to get worried for !! And it is legal to have maids.

madam, its fair you understand how this hormones are uncontrolled.and if u trust your husband, well, maids will be trusted too. y not.? dont be shaken up my dear.

tish2014 wrote:

madam, its fair you understand how this hormones are uncontrolled.and if u trust your husband, well, maids will be trusted too. y not.? dont be shaken up my dear.

awww :) thanks Tish, i'm going to a complete new world and i'm going nuclear hahaha and yea some people here are making fun of my middle eastern lack of knowledge hahaha i trust my husband of course, it's just i have been told to be very aware of what comes outta my mouth in Riyadh cuz people are easily offended so i don't wanna put anyone in an awkward position that's all

i like going out and yeah i will be spending more time out than he will, and i will spend more time in work than he will, so he will be home much more time than myself, which is why i don't want some weird maids attitude when i ask her to stay and do her job while he's around . that's all , so you don't need to be all mean about it.

hi Peyton, this is quite common in compounds, where the maids are provided by them...outside compounds, its a little different, and some families actually prefer "male maids" to do the cleaning etc. in the evening when the man of house is around....but you do have a valid question, regardless of the number of hahahaha's you get.

if youre gonna be living inside a compound, it wont be a problem. outside the compound, it might be an issue with the maid...so be sure to check with her. its the decent thing to do

shezx wrote:

hi Peyton, this is quite common in compounds, where the maids are provided by them...outside compounds, its a little different, and some families actually prefer "male maids" to do the cleaning etc. in the evening when the man of house is around....but you do have a valid question, regardless of the number of hahahaha's you get.

if youre gonna be living inside a compound, it wont be a problem. outside the compound, it might be an issue with the maid...so be sure to check with her. its the decent thing to do

Thank you so much, really, cuz all i've been getting ever since i posted this is the What-a-foreigner attitude!

Just to put you in the picture most of the saudi families have a maid and they don't really worry about leaving her with the father or the sons. so if u r thinking about offending or violating any laws by doing that u r good.

There are lots of houseboy here in the Kingdom too! If you are worried about the law.You could be right, sometimes the maids here could be a problem too! I for example had very bad experience with maids, as for example, I sponsored one in Qatar, within couple of months she left and ran off with Qatari national. Never sponsor one if you don't want to get stuck with them, sponsoring is a big responsibility, if they ran away, you better report it to the authority, if you don't and something happens to her? You will be responsible for everything. There are lots of maids/houseboy who accept part time jobs here. You wouldn't need a full time one if you don't have any children.

peyton evans wrote:

not at all, me and him are fine with that, i was just worried maids will have an issue with that matter, do you actually know maids that stay alone with the husband? or i will get a verbal volley-ball once i ask her to?hahahaha

I guess, it will depends...should it happen you get one very beautiful, and seductive house help! then, we might be thinking who might start getting worried... :D

Popolocroix wrote:
peyton evans wrote:

I guess, it will depends...should it happen you get one very beautiful, and seductive house help! then, we might be thinking who might start getting worried... :D

Ohh really ,do you think that men are this easily gullible,besides which man in his right mind would fall for another woman when his wife as caring and adorable as Peyton. :cool:

Djzubaid wrote:
Popolocroix wrote:
peyton evans wrote:

Ohh really ,do you think that men are this easily gullible,besides which man in his right mind would fall for another woman when his wife as caring and adorable as Peyton. :cool:

hahaha thanks for the compliment,and again all what i'm saying is that i didn't want to put the girl in an awkward position,that's all.i found someone anyway so it's all good now.

Wow that's a great news, congrats.And enjoy your stay in "KSA",peace out  :top:

Djzubaid wrote:

Wow that's a great news, congrats.And enjoy your stay in "KSA",peace out  :top:

dear im saudi and we leave our maid at home a lot when she dont want to go out with us or get a lot to do
and home there is my grandfather and uncle too we leaver her alot soo its up to you if you trust your maid to leave her alone or not with your man with her
and there is no low about maids staying home or with men but maybe your maid doesnt like it
its another thing and no blame when u work at place alone with a man its uneasy u know so
the low is there when you hurt her or dont give her her monthly payment Only  :)

ok

give your photo and contact no

ABDULLA HIND wrote:

give your photo and contact no

You sound like a real champ there, buddy.  Keep it up, and the ban hammer will come falling down soon enough!

Hi dear, concerning maids in Riyadh they all stay in all the time as the rules of the country prevent them from going out alone. I dont see any problm if she stayed in the house alone with the husband just u have to set ur rules and dont forget that she is here to help u..i had one since i com here .. But u knw .. If you hire one , then, you wont live with out them later on! Thats the problem i guess!!

Hi of course it is ok to leave any maid with your hubby, lived here 16 yrs an have had a maid, never would have entered my head not to trust hubby or any of the maids, like us they are only here to have a better life, ok best of luck with your move

hire a male maid as an alternative solution