PDO Labor clearance

What is the time taken to get labor clearance.

hi please thank you  :whistle:

Hi Nizamm,
can you please share, if you have received your labor clearance or not? are you going to joind PDO? I am asking this bcoz i am also waiting for the labor clearance as I submitted my documents in June but still waiting no information on LC and I believe NOC is and other step after LC, right?

Nothing yet, i submitted in august.

1st is LC
2nd Is VISA

Thank you very much for your prompt response.
and wish you best of luck.

Tech-Base wrote:

Hi Nizamm,
can you please share, if you have received your labor clearance or not? are you going to joind PDO? I am asking this bcoz i am also waiting for the labor clearance as I submitted my documents in June but still waiting no information on LC and I believe NOC is and other step after LC, right?

Its kinda surprizing because PDO is one of those organization, that gets an LC within a month's time.
Please check the HR or the Operations management for the status. If you're an engineering staff, it should not take this much of time.
P.S, once the LC is obtained, the visa issuance is just a matter of few days.

Dear Schaz,

I had seen more then 4 - 5 people in this forum joining PDO and still waiting for labor clearance from 3 - 5 months.
Now it seems that is better to sign offer letters with any employer in Oman only if they have clearance.

It seems that there are some delays in labour clerance.
Lets keep each other posted.

nizamm wrote:

Dear Schaz,

I had seen more then 4 - 5 people in this forum joining PDO and still waiting for labor clearance from 3 - 5 months.
Now it seems that is better to sign offer letters with any employer in Oman only if they have clearance.

You're absolutely right. Its quite strange to see this. We recently have welcomed new comers in ONE and OSET / OSD and few other departments. Best of luck and I would strongly recommend you to increase the followup with the HR.

Dear All. I need help regarding my brother job in oman.his education bachelor in account but he have a experience in store keeper as well as marketing. Right now,he is in Pakistan and I am finding job for him. So help me.
Thanks.

Hi F.SIDDIQUI > you should try to post an advert in the jobs in Oman section. Or you can start your own topic on the Oman forum. Thank you.

Thank you very much Schaz,
I am constantly following up with HR on almost weekly basis but they say that there was some changes in labor ministry and because of that there are many pending cases which are causing delays.
anyways let's see and I would really appreciate if you share any inforamtion regarding LC in future if you find any from your sources as it would help a lot of waiting souls on this forum like me ;-)

Regards,
Tech-Base.

Thanks Schaz for valuable info.

ALL please let me introduce myself as i am new for this blog, my name is Kires. I am from Republic of Kazakhstan.

I am passed interview last May and was offered a job in Oman. All formal doc's were submitted and still waiting for LC. Checked with HR and was informed that LC still in progress, does  someone know about situation with issuance of LC? it is my first time entering to Oman.

KIRES wrote:

Thanks Schaz for valuable info.

ALL please let me introduce myself as i am new for this blog, my name is Kires. I am from Republic of Kazakhstan.

I am passed interview last May and was offered a job in Oman. All formal doc's were submitted and still waiting for LC. Checked with HR and was informed that LC still in progress, does  someone know about situation with issuance of LC? it is my first time entering to Oman.

If you had been interviewed in May 2014 (For PDO) and  even after 6 months, you haven't recieved the LC, then i seriously doubt whether your recruitment case is either cancelled or pending with some concerned notes. Please follow up with HR and get a clarification.

It is nothing like that, they have major problem with LC

Thanks Schaz,
I just checked with HR (PDO) and was informed that LC is in progress.

It's not concellation it is LC delays and these delays affected all companies and are beyond their control.
So there is no other option rather than wait.

Dear Schaz,
Your information seems reliable as you have direct experience, as Mr. KIRES mentioned that he applied in May and till now he has not received any update on LC. can you please share any information if you have about how many cases are pending since May this year?
Most of the people on this forum have their LC's applied during May, June and July and none of them has received any positive note. is it possible that either LC's of all of them are cancelled or some note attached (what is note can be?).?
Your feedback would be helpful for quite a few people here on this forum.

Thanks you,
Tech-Base

I was told by HR and business reps that LCs are stuck in Ministry of Manpower.  Applications are slowly trickling through the system (sometimes 10, sometimes 50 per week), but too slow to actually resolve the huge delays.  There is apparently an escalation on this subject.  My application went in end of August and should have been complete by end of September.  HR has said they expect my LC approval by end of November, but perhaps sooner.  We shall see. 

Watching this post daily to see if anyone has gotten theirs. 

Kind regards,

yes, I too am waitng for the LC or NOC. Dont even know the difference.  I submitted all my documents in early Sept as well but still waiting for it. I am suppose to have my APT to PDO next two weeks but rejected because they said my visa is being processed and they wont allow me to go there when visa is under process. My colleague who accepted the offer in March already gone to PDO last month. Generally, the process takes about  7 months (max). You are lucky if you got it earlier than that. But make sure you follow up with your global  transfer adviser

Yes, APT needs to be completed before visa submission. TA didn't tell us that until a week before APT and only because I asked. Our APT delayed submittal, but we know app was sent by end of August and we had a productive APT.

I never saw anything related to the 7 month max. In fact, HR says end to end immigration time is 4 months.

Not thrilled to hear it may be three more months. Please keep us updated on what you hear. I'll do the same.

FYI, once you get LC, next time you go to Oman, it will need to be to live there. You can't go there for an APT at this point.

Thanks,

The hiring process from EU, US completes in (around) 5/6 months. Later the process, complications can be expected.

Schaz, '5/6 months' is from successful posting (MOR) or from when LC app is submitted?

Also, believe the current LC delay is causing extraordinary delays, so we are experiencing considerably longer wait times. From what I'm told.

Can you clarify your last statement regarding 'later in the process?'

Thanks

skibby wrote:

Schaz, '5/6 months' is from successful posting (MOR) or from when LC app is submitted?

Also, believe the current LC delay is causing extraordinary delays, so we are experiencing considerably longer wait times. From what I'm told.

Can you clarify your last statement regarding 'later in the process?'

Thanks

5/6 from the LC app.

Dear All,
Yesterday i was notified by PDO that my LC was obtained on Nov 6th. Now 5-10 working days to obtain employment visa.

Today i had notified the LC has obtained, but GAMCA has expired, so i have to do medical again.

Congrats! And thanks for keeping us in the loop. My app appears to have been submitted soon after yours, so this gives me hope.

Take care

Well, congrats! You're almost there. :)

So, since presumably you had medical back in April or so it's been six months and therefor have to repeat? Does that mean that if me or anyone in my family doesn't arrive in Oman before six months from when we did medical I/we have to repeat? I think that will be February for us.

I see two people got LC this week on this board. I have hope!

Regards

So the process is more or less 6 - 7mths then. Long way to go for me then. Congrates kires

Not true. It can be, but also see someone just completed in three months. In fact, it's supposed to be less than a month for PDO. There is a governmental delay that has been escalated and hopefully we won't see the 6 month wait some people are seeing now. Let's hope!

Good to keep expectations though.

Regards

I had done medical in August and submitted in august, got LC in November. Gamca medical is valid only for 3 months not 6 months.
That is the reason i have to do medical again.
The process of LC took only 3 Months.

Wow! Thats quick. Hope the processed now improved.

I heard new directive from Omani governments to conduct addtional screening for non-local female to work in Oman. Expecting more delays in getting the NOC. Anyone knows about this and how this can impact the PDO recruitments for non-local female.

I left Abudhabi in oct 2013 and joined PDO in Oman in Nov 2013, it hardly took 1 month for me to complete all these formalities.But now I heard some Visa issues are there, my contractors are not getting Engineer visa, I mean Employment visa, so there are flying in Express visa.

Which documents required for LC..??

Hello,
Who knows if it is true about the new screening to grant NOC to non-local female to work in Oman?

hmhe101 wrote:

I heard new directive from Omani governments to conduct addtional screening for non-local female to work in Oman. Expecting more delays in getting the NOC. Anyone knows about this and how this can impact the PDO recruitments for non-local female.

Hello,
Is it true?

Yes, thats what i have been told but as far as PDO concern, not really an issue. I think it is just Omani govrn to move to control expat entrance

I am moving to PDO in Jan 2015 and i request your suggestions on below.

1. I have two school going girls, 5th Class & 3rd Class, please suggest a good CBSE indian schools.
2. I am looking for a good area to live.
3. I Would like to know the approximate cost of 3 bedroom apartment rent which is clean & in good area.
4. I would like to know the area where most of the Indian community live.

Nizamm u got ur NOC already. Congrates.

why do i require NOC(No Objection Ceritificate), i got Labor Clearance & VISA

Do i require NOC & from where?