Moving to Dobrich region - support for bi polar?

Hi my hubbie and I (Ed & Jacquie) along with my mum and numerous pets will be moving to Geshanovo next year and possibly our 21 year old son who is an outdoor activity instructor!  We are ex forces and looking forward to escaping the rat race as soon as my hubbies pension increases next June!

We are bringing along my mum as do not want to leave her on her own in the UK, living 200 miles away from her is bad enough let alone 1500!!  My main concern is that my mum has bi-polar, does anyone know what support is available in the way of psychiatrists and availability of medications etc? 

Also, information on vets and availability of dry foods such as James Wellbeloved, would be good!

Any help would be gratefully received and look forward to meeting up with people in the Dobrich area sometime next year  :)

Jacquie

Hi
Doctors are quite good here, once you have a prescription it lasts for 6 months, vets are quite good also and very cheap not like UK, as for the dry food we use Purina, you can get Pedigree but it is expensive compared to the other brands not seen your brand, my advice is to bring a few bags from UK and get the local stuff and slowly introduce it to your pet 50/50 the increase it to the local brand.
We moved over this year from UK with all our belongings the only hiccup we had was in Austria i purchased the wrong vinetta for a 7.5 t truck needs to be a gobox just incase your driving your furniture down.
Good luck
Jim (ex army)

Thanks Jim for the info, very useful :). We may well be driving over in. 7.5t truck haven't decided yet!  Hope you're enjoying life in Bulgaria, can't wait to get over and start the renovations, hehe.  Jacquie n Ed

Hi Jaquie & Ed
The other things i fogot to mention if driving 7.5t:
Germany have a no drive on sunday rule for trucks, we got stopped and i took some proving that we were 7.5 we looked bigger as it had a sleeper cab, we also go asked to show green card which uk does not have for insurance this was a major factor at the border with Romania and took some blagging and a bribe to get through! Ask your insurance or rental company for a letter with registration of vehicle on it stating its insured for france,belgium,germany,austria,hungry,romania and bulgaria make sure it clearly says it and not just blanket cover for europe, we came via vidin over the new bridge once in bulgaria stop and get vineta, you will also need vinetta in hungry you pay by the mile there but no go box like austria, you also need one for romania you will see all the vinetta places at the borders none in bulgaria but most service stations have them, do not rely too much on your sat nav most only have mapped 60% of bulgaria and you will end up like i did down little dirt tracks full of holes these are the main rds lol if i remember right it cost around 600 euro in diesel, we came on ferry from uk was cheapest option get the flexi ticket allows you to change your booking in case of emergancies, apart from all that you should be ok i can give you my mobile if you run into any problems id be happy to help, its a great drive and great fun , my wife is bulgarian and has a small business helping with translations if you need it once you arrive, good luck and have fun
Jim

Hi Jim, sounds like you had quite an adventure! Lol. We were over a few weeks ago to sort out the transfer of deeds.  Bought a satnav for £32 quid on eBay from China and it was fantastic, drove from Sofia to Shumen, then Geshanovo, Dobrich,Silistra and down to Ozobar before heading back to Sofia with no problems.....although I have to admit some of the roads were, how shall I put it?  More holes than Tarmac!! Would love your mobile number and we will definately need your wife's services when over there, arranging residency, finding a builder etc etc etc! :). Where abouts are you living?

Jacquie n Ed