Canadian to marry my VN gf in vietnam but no canadian coming ?

ngattt wrote:
DanFromSF wrote:

Well, after Matt and I have some Bia Sai Gon, we might need some coffee.  ;)

Ok, sure :D. We will meet to drink some beers :D.
How about you, Cvco, do you want to join  :cool: ? Maybe these 2 men will share with you many experiences about Vietnamese women ;)

eodmatt wrote:

Thanks indeed ngattt, and I could actually bring some ca phe for you too because my wifes family are coffee farmers - and it will be pure and straight from our own roaster!  :top:

Ố ố la la, thả hổ về rừng (a drop in the ocean), Matt :D.

Old Japanese proverb: When the moon is low the shadows are long!"  :idontagree:

Im a filipino and have a lot of friend maybe can help your problem for proxy of your merrage im am here in saigon

I have a Canadian passport and should still be in Vietnam until April. But I need my taxi ride covered from Bien Hoa to whereever.

How about moving to VN and be with her for 6 months, teach English, have a great adventure while you get to know her better in person, which means in her off days when she doesn't look so good, or when she is angry or whatever.  Right now you are only both seeing shallow versions of each other.  She is wise to wait.  If you really love her, invest the time to be with her.  If this interrupts your career, ask for a sabbatical.   Don't believe your romantic dream -- you are going to have surprises and not all of them will be nice.  I'm not saying this can't work, I'm saying there's an old proverb:  "Go into marriage with eyes wide open, after marriage, keep them half shut."  :-)

Anatta wrote:

I am out here. I am here to offer whatever advices I may think is useful since that is what the OP is asking. I don't have time for smart asses, especially for those who don't have guts to admit what they have said.

I missed the part where this topic changed to be about Anatta.  :/ Can anyone help me out?   :D

First let me say that I am not a lawyer in Vietnam.  I am married to a Vietnamese woman ( happily ) and live full time in Vietnam.  I am retired and was a paralegal in the USA.  I am most interested in family law in Vietnam. 

Many times in Vietnam traditions and the actual law in Vietnam don't seem to get along.  No in fact you do not have to have someone from your family in Vietnam to get married.  It is very traditional in Vietnam for the families to meet and become one family.  But the actual family law does not require it.  Remember also that the legal process to get married in Vietnam for "westerners" can be difficult to understand.  I would be more than happy to assist you in the process.

Good Luck,

Greg

(insults = ban)

Sir:   Maybe you take advantage of your countries public health service.  You are rambling and talking like a fool.  People are only trying to help one another.  I am not a bastard.  I have proof of my birth and know my father.  Maybe you should look for yours or did your mother not know his name.

Regards

Folks, I have reported the name calling to the message board moderators.  Nobody wants to read the insults.  Let's be nice!  I come here for help, friendship and information, not to see people fight.

wealthychef wrote:

Folks, I have reported the name calling to the message board moderators.  Nobody wants to read the insults.  Let's be nice!  I come here for help, friendship and information, not to see people fight.

With 5 clocks under your belt, you have much to learn.

Check the moon status --- it might be crazy time, again.

Chat-rooms such as this are classified as 'entertainment'.

5 clocks, J-man?   :/

Jaitch wrote:
wealthychef wrote:

With 5 clocks under your belt, you have much to learn.

Check the moon status --- it might be crazy time, again.

Chat-rooms such as this are classified as 'entertainment'.

This blog is tame by comparison with www.arrse.com which is a UK web site for military and ex military folk.

DanFromSF wrote:

5 clocks, J-man?   :/

He maybe needs to know the time in three zones?

I have no problem if that's the way it is here.  Enjoy

I really didn't understand what happened here and why we talk to others like that?

ngattt wrote:

I really didn't understand what happened here and why we talk to others like that?

Well, there are several parameters to consider:

1. The poster of the comments may be alcoholically impaired.
2. The poster of the comments may be intellectually impaired.
3. The poster of the comments may be a troll. .

But whatever is the relevant parameter, there is no need to be abusive on the Expat.com. There are plenty of other websites where people can abuse each other.

Yes I agree .. tally ho !!

if she was agreed with you, we could find a replaced man who is foreigner in Vietnam. He will play the role of your relative. But make sure that you GF find it ok, no lie.