I would like to marry and move to Ukraine

I have been seeing a woman from Ukraine for a year and a half. I've been there a few times since and she has been here but had to return due to family issues. We have decided that we want to get married and live there in Ukraine. Since she has her own house can she give me residence there? Am I able to work and stay with out the border hopping every 90 days? I also have an 11 year old daughter, does this complicate things or will she be welcome to go to school and lead a normal life?

Yes she can give you residence. After getting married you can obtain temporary residency for a year. Then you will be able to prolong it for another year and then you will be eligible to obtain permanent residency.

Being under temporary residency you will need to ontain a work permit to officially work in Ukraine. Being under permanent residency you do not need a work permit.

I heard there are schools in Kyiv for english native speaking children.

In the middle of a war, you need to tell a little more than this.

Do you have 'wealth?'

If you do not, east of Lviv would be iffy for you right now.

I live in Odessa, I feel no problems as I travel, but I am a wild-eyed Texan.  My other friends are always asking if I am scared.  Me?  Not at all, I don't think it has really crossed my mind.

But, Ukraine is in a mess right now.  Many people are not being paid.  Businesses are relocating or going bankrupt.

So, if you go over, you need to be secure.  In case you have to move your family.

Wayne