Long weekend

hi guys

Any plan for the coming long weekend?

I will drink coffee with friend . how about you ? we can make group to make BBQ or drink cafe together

am new here still dont know much in Hanoi :)

ow , sorry . i didnt see you are in Hanoi now. I am in HCM city. :(

Never mind
I noticed that ;)

I'll be travelling back to Saigon from Dalat tomorrow and then making fruit wine at home. I just had some wine making supplies reach me from a friend in Belgium (some Campden tablets for sterilising the raw materials and stopping fermentation; some air locks for my fermentation vessels; a graduated container and a hydrometer for measuring alcohol content and some rubber bungs for fitting air locks to fermentation vessels).

These items weighed less than .5 kilo and were sent as a small package via DHL. The package took 48 hours to travel around 10,000 km (via Hong Kong) from Brussels to Saigon and a further 72 hours to travel 20 km across Saigon!

Anyway, wine making goes into full production this weekend!   ;)

so cheer and enjoy your weekend !

Phuong Di wrote:

so cheer and enjoy your weekend !

You too! I will raise a glass to you tomorrow night!

Cheers!

I have a Wedding party on Sartuday. A man, who is 50 years old, gets married the first time. Very happy for him.

And maybe sleep all Sunday :D.

Nice weekend to all  :) !

@Matt: I like wine making from fruit. It's very good for our healthy.

ngattt wrote:

I have a Wedding party on Sartuday. A man, who is 50 years old, gets married the first time. Very happy for him.

And maybe sleep all Sunday :D.

Nice weekend to all  :) !

@Matt: I like wine making from fruit. It's very good for our healthy.

Have a great wedding party!

As for fruit wine, I agree -  in moderation!  :)

I bought some Mulberries here in Dalat and they will be fermenting as soon as I get back to HCMC tonight!

I will probably stay at home or might go for a swim.  :cool:

Enjoy your long weekend!!!  :)

Ten litres of mulberry wine started up and just starting to bubble. Also five litres of ginger wine and 5 litres of apple wine as well as 20 litres of tea wine (made with Liptons yellow label tea bags).  :)

Thanks Matt, I enjoyed the weeding so much :D. Because we are very happy for my friend!

eodmatt wrote:

Ten litres of mulberry wine started up and just starting to bubble. Also five litres of ginger wine and 5 litres of apple wine as well as 20 litres of tea wine (made with Liptons yellow label tea bags).  :)

I usually drink grape wine. But I dont know why, I felt its too sweet to me. Sometimes I buy so much grape wine, and drink it a little everyday.
When I went to Ninh Thuan, I saw many grape gardens there. My student give me some grape wine bottles, homemade. I like it so much, but I wish it doesnt sweet like that!

ngattt wrote:

Thanks Matt, I enjoyed the weeding so much :D. Because we are very happy for my friend!

eodmatt wrote:

I usually drink grape wine. But I dont know why, I felt its too sweet to me. Sometimes I buy so much grape wine, and drink it a little everyday.
When I went to Ninh Thuan, I saw many grape gardens there. My student give me some grape wine bottles, homemade. I like it so much, but I wish it doesnt sweet like that!

Ah, well it depends on the type of grapes used and the fermentation time as well as any sugar that the winemaker might add at the end of fermentation. Remind me in a month or so and I will give you a bottle of my dry (means not sweet) wine.  :)

eodmatt wrote:

Ah, well it depends on the type of grapes used and the fermentation time as well as any sugar that the winemaker might add at the end of fermentation. Remind me in a month or so and I will give you a bottle of my dry (means not sweet) wine.  :)

Thank you so much, Matt!

I havent use suger for 12 years. Eating much suger is not good for my skin and my body. That's why, now I am afraid what is so sweet :D!

I agree that too much sugar is a bad thing! I cut both sugar and salt out of my diet as much as possible, starting about ten years ago. But I do like a little sweetener in tea and coffee, so I use low calorie sweeteners for that. However I ferment my wine to use as much of the sugar content as possible - and that means a higher alcohol content and I aim for between 12 and 13 % alcohol by volume, which gives a nice dry wine.

I'll reserve a bottle of wine for you, what would you prefer, I am making, mulberry, orange, apple, ginger and tea wine?

eodmatt wrote:

I agree that too much sugar is a bad thing! I cut both sugar and salt out of my diet as much as possible, starting about ten years ago. But I do like a little sweetener in tea and coffee, so I use low calorie sweeteners for that. However I ferment my wine to use as much of the sugar content as possible - and that means a higher alcohol content and I aim for between 12 and 13 % alcohol by volume, which gives a nice dry wine.

I'll reserve a bottle of wine for you, what would you prefer, I am making, mulberry, orange, apple, ginger and tea wine?

I only drink grape wine, I dont know about others :D. Up to you, what kind of wine you like the most, making for me. Thank you so much!

Do you know about LowCarb or Carb Cycling, for weight loss. I learned about these to understand more about foods. I always try to keep my family's member is not too thin or not fat. Healthy is very important to me.

ngattt wrote:
eodmatt wrote:

I only drink grape wine, I dont know about others :D. Up to you, what kind of wine you like the most, making for me. Thank you so much!

Do you know about LowCarb or Carb Cycling, for weight loss. I learned about these to understand more about foods. I always try to keep my family's member is not too thin or not fat. Healthy is very important to me.

Dont thank me before you taste the wine, you might not like it!  :idontagree:

Carb Cycling? Can you explain please?

eodmatt wrote:

Hi, Matt

"Carb cycling is a program where you mix higher carbohydrate days with lower carbohydrate days in the effort to lose weight without suffering some of the negative consequences of a pure low carbohydrate diet plan."

Carb Cycling

Top 5 Facts You Should Know About Carb Cycling And Fat Loss!

ngattt wrote:
eodmatt wrote:

Hi, Matt

"Carb cycling is a program where you mix higher carbohydrate days with lower carbohydrate days in the effort to lose weight without suffering some of the negative consequences of a pure low carbohydrate diet plan."

Carb Cycling

Top 5 Facts You Should Know About Carb Cycling And Fat Loss!

I see, thanks for that! The only way I will be able to lose 10 kilos of ugly fat is if I chopped my head off.  :lol:

eodmatt wrote:

I see, thanks for that! The only way I will be able to lose 10 kilos of ugly fat is if I chopped my head off.  :lol:

Hihi, dont worry, it's not too difficult. You live in Vietnam, try to eat much vegetables, fish, meat, a little rice/bread (high carb), no suger (very high) ==> low carb. Some my friends use Low Carb, they can lose more than 10 kilos, in short period.
I learned about this to know what is high carb, I will not eat it so much. 
I dont really diet :D, just limited things that make me fat easily.

ngattt wrote:
eodmatt wrote:

Hihi, dont worry, it's not too difficult. You live in Vietnam, try to eat much vegetables, fish, meat, a little rice/bread (high carb), no suger (very high) ==> low carb. Some my friends use Low Carb, they can lose more than 10 kilos, in short period.
I learned about this to know what is high carb, I will not eat it so much. 
I dont really diet :D, just limited things that make me fat easily.

My problem is that I like beer (bia) too much. Cheers!  :top: Just had an idea, I will load some R n R music into drop box online and send you a link - might take me a couple of days though.

eodmatt wrote:

My problem is that I like beer (bia) too much. Cheers!  :top: Just had an idea, I will load some R n R music into drop box online and send you a link - might take me a couple of days though.

Ok, cheers  :one! Enjoy your life, but take care!
It's ok with me if you load them into dropbox. But it take much time for you to do that. Maybe I'm bothering you so much :D.

ngattt wrote:
eodmatt wrote:

Ok, cheers  :one! Enjoy your life, but take care!
It's ok with me if you load them into dropbox. But it take much time for you to do that. Maybe I'm bothering you so much :D.

It only takes a few moments to send a file to Drop box so no worries - and nope you aren't bothering me at all.