VNPT provided DSN servers

Some time ago there was a few discussions on changing your DSN server to Google servers. I didn't consider doing it back then but am now starting to get this error code about once or twice a day when I lose the connection " THE DSN IS NOT RESPONDING". Curious if any of the members have switched over to another server. I've read on line some pro's and con's about doing it and possibly problem if your overseas. Thanks

DNS, brother.  Domain Name System.  It's a collection of servers on the Internet that translate names to IP addresses, amongst doing other things.  Every time you connect to a server, whether it's a web server, mail server, instant messaging, etc., a DNS lookup happens.  ISPs in many countries can block you from certain servers by intercepting your DNS query.

But forget all that.  Here's what you can do.   Change your DNS servers to the following:

A lot of people will tell you to change them to Google's public DNS servers (which I won't list here), but this is a REALLY bad idea.  Why?  Because Google uses those servers to track which websites you visit.  The less Google knows about you, the better.

The DNS server addresses I gave above are for OpenDNS (www.opendns.com).  They are far more trustworthy than Google -- at least until Google buys them (which I hope never happens).