Advice re; dismissal.

Hello,
Unfortunately I had to dismiss my concierge in November 2012 for justifiable gross misconduct,giving him one months salary and notice.The ministry of employment have asked me to visit their offices to discuss the matter, I am currently living in the UK.
There was no formal contract,the work part time casual,however I paid a monthly salary,plus expenses,and supplied a motor bike/netbook/phone(which he sold)
Obviously I want to deal with this fairly and amicably,any help or advice welcome,or should I get a solicitor,or contact the British Embassy?? THANKS

Hi

Could you let us know the resolution of this matter? I hope it was satisfactory. I didn't see this thread at the time. If I had, I would have told you to go to the tourist cops who would have helped you with the Police Judiciare to lay charges of theft against this person - I am, of course, hoping that you kept all receipts and proof of ownership of the goods.

I'm afraid the story is rather a typical one. I simply cannot understand why someone would "supply" a concierge, moreover a part time one, with goods worth 1000s of dirhams and expect that they wouldn't get ripped off. I can't understand either why anyone would pay a thief with no formal contract a month's salary in lieu of notice. He presumably got onto the employment authorities in revenge for losing his job. That is typical too, in Morocco. Someone does something wrong. You terminate the arrangement, justifiably, yet they have to get back at you even though they were in the wrong. There is no such thing as an "amicable settlement" in Morocco. The miscreant normally tries to screw every penny out of the injured party or screw them up while pretending that THEY are the innocent one.

I assume you know that what you were doing was illegal. You should have been paying this person's Mutuelle and have had a contract notarised and I guess this is why the authorities got involved.

Anyway, if you could let the board know what the outcome was, it might help others from such situations in future. I am making suppositions, obviously. It would be so nice to have an accurate report of the proceedings and result.

Hello,
Thank you for your late comments on this issue.
The complaint was dismissed,and I do not want to comment on this.
However, if any European home owners need advice,please do not hesitate to contact me.
warmest regards.......................................................................

Hello

I'm glad there were no repercussions for you. I'm sorry you feel unable to comment publicly so that others might be helped.

A hard lesson learned, perhaps?

Good luck in the future.