Mountain trip to Jabal Al Akhdar

Yeah I agree. Let's have lunch at Alila. It's looks like a great hotel. Maybe Rahul can help us out there.

Alila - good yaar

Hi All,

Looks like this thread is gone cold. Where are you guys?? Ammar? And Ramee?

Suggestions/ideas....

make it LIVE again please... :up:

heyfarooq wrote:

Hi All,

Suggestions/ideas....

Hello farooq,

I'm here around you dear..I think yes it's good idea to have lunch in hotel, and no need much to organize I think waiting the buffet price..I try to get that

@hex any news about the buffet price?

Ammar

Hi,

My name is Deepak...Me & my wife  would also like to join u guys..This will be our first trip..please enlighten us wth details...

deepakgakhar23 wrote:

Hi,

My name is Deepak...Me & my wife  would also like to join u guys..This will be our first trip..please enlighten us wth details...

heyfarooq wrote:

Hi All,

Suggestions/ideas....

Hey are we still sticking to the dates.... No updates as such !!!!  I wont mind the restaurant lunch.. as long as we get a group going .......

Thanks @Ramee & @Amoor for responding..

As of last count SIX of us are confirmed.. ofcourse there are others who say that they will come..but no guarantee they will show up...

amoor wrote:

Hello again,

the list till date..
- Ammar = amoor
- Bader Alubsaidi
- Hex
- Lau
- heyfarooq
- kaysarapiya
- Rammy
- jaseervk

last day to register names on 3/9 Wednesday please any one interest just writ his/her name before date.

Ammar

Hi Ammar, please add Lourdes on the list, she is my colleague and will join the trip.

Thanks.

deepakgakhar23 wrote:

Hi,

Hi deepak..please fo through the thread from the start to give you a background. ...importantly please reply to the post from amoor on the headcount so you can be counted. ...this is for the 4wd unless otherwise you got your own 4wd then it wouldn't be a problem....most of us has no 4wd hence amoor is organising the same. You can bring some snacks to add to what we are bringing. ... rami is bringing something from home....piya, lau and me will bring sandwiches (bread and spread), lunch we are planning to take in alila hotel.

Meeting place in the roundabout going rusayl at 7am on friday 5th September, we will leave thw salon cars there and get in the 4wd amoor is organising.

You are most welcome to join us so please feel free to post your queries.  :)

Hello again,

the list till date..

1-  Ammar = amoor
2-  Bader Alubsaidi
3-  Hex
4-  Lau
5-  heyfarooq
6-  kaysarapiya
7-  Rammy
8-  jaseervk
9-  Lourdes
10- ( Deepak & wife )
please confirm

last day to register names on 3/9 Wednesday please anyone interested just write his/her name before date.

Best wishes..
Ammar

amoor wrote:

Hello again,

the list till date..

1-  Ammar = amoor
2-  Bader Alubsaidi
3-  Hex
4-  Lau
5-  heyfarooq
6-  kaysarapiya
7-  Rammy
8-  jaseervk
9-  Lourdes
10- ( Deepak & wife )
please confirm

last day to register names on 3/9 Wednesday please anyone interested just write his/her name before date.

Best wishes..
Ammar

Thanks Ammar for thw update.... :top:

i thought i was #9?

Itchy feet community!

Lunch at Alila is ro18++ per head :blink:
How many plate of grills is the equivalent at istanboly  :unsure
I'm having second thoughts :/

LauIsBack wrote:

i thought i was #9?

You are not the Lucky9

we were about to throw up that day at Istanboly and it cost us RO35.

hexebella wrote:

Itchy feet community!

Lunch at Alila is ro18++ per head :blink:
How many plate of grills is the equivalent at istanboly  :unsure
I'm having second thoughts :/

Hello Hex,

Wait I'm trying to get the price from AL-Jabl hotel..

I think it's cheaper..

LauIsBack wrote:

i thought i was #9?

:rolleyes:

LAU Who is that on Your Profile Pic? looks Eeww..

Hexe I think thats 3 and a half plates of Grill in Istanboly? 18+ OR? Where is our boy Rahul?

Is a visit to Alila on the cards? looks like a great place to visit..

Also Hexe let me know what snacks could I bring?

:D

Hello Ammar

I am waiting you on Friday at Birkat Al Mouz  Insha'Allah. It will be nice and interesting trip
:top:

heyfarooq wrote:

LAU Who is that on Your Profile Pic? looks Eeww..

Hexe I think thats 3 and a half plates of Grill in Istanboly? 18+ OR? Where is our boy Rahul?

Is a visit to Alila on the cards? looks like a great place to visit..

Also Hexe let me know what snacks could I bring?

Rahul just resigned, got a job somewhere else.....RO 18++ will come to Ro 21.06 net per person. ...I don't rhink its practical especially that I can't eat much :sosad:

On the snacks why don't you just join us on the sandwiches. ..Piya may not make it....so Lau, you and me could share the cost. What do you think?

Any plan B for lunch?

I'm perfectly fine with that, not prob at all.

It's only 3 pcs of sandwich and 2 donuts. ain't gonna burn a hole in my wallet.

hexebella wrote:

On the snacks why don't you just join us on the sandwiches. ..Piya may not make it....so Lau, you and me could share the cost. What do you think?

Any plan B for lunch?

yeah I will share the cost with you. Piya has dropped out of the trip? so that brings down the number of people..

What about the others. they havent confirmed yet..

My fingers are still crossed  :|

kaysarapiya wrote:

My fingers are still crossed  :|

Push push push we do not want to miss you :)

hexebella wrote:

One of the highlights to visit is the wadi bani habib especially for the first timers....an hour will be enough for that going and coming back including the picture taking on site and along the way.....there are also villages that we could visit.

Amoor maybe we can do a side trip to birkat al maws?

BTW what about the lunch?

hi guys, I'm a first timer, total noob to Oman  :D . And interested in joining. Just one question though: is it more a hiking or driving/sightseeing kind of trip?

And secondly, went through all the posts and it's unclear whether i should pack my own lunch or whether we'll have it at a local hotel?

Oops, have a third question (told u i'm a noob  :dumbom: ): is the roundabout meeting point located just passed the airport if coming from the center, and a little bit before Muscat City Center Mall?

Hi hansvc,

You are welcome to join.

On your questions:

Its more of a driving, sightseeing trip and not hiking. This will be our first trip . Spending time together on the beautiful mountains with cool climes is itself a great incentive.

Regd Lunch - We plan to have it at some hotel over there. However you can pack some snacks if you like.

Yes that is where the location is. Its near Al Sahwa Gardens. you can look it up on the google maps or wikipedia map. Maybe Amoor can give detailed directions to it.

But you will have to confirm your coming today itself as we need to know the exact number of people that will be coming so we can arrange the 4WD.

hansvc wrote:
hexebella wrote:

One of the highlights to visit is the wadi bani habib especially for the first timers....an hour will be enough for that going and coming back including the picture taking on site and along the way.....there are also villages that we could visit.

Amoor maybe we can do a side trip to birkat al maws?

BTW what about the lunch?

hi guys, I'm a first timer, total noob to Oman  :D . And interested in joining. Just one question though: is it more a hiking or driving/sightseeing kind of trip?

And secondly, went through all the posts and it's unclear whether i should pack my own lunch or whether we'll have it at a local hotel?

Oops, have a third question (told u i'm a noob  :dumbom: ): is the roundabout meeting point located just passed the airport if coming from the center, and a little bit before Muscat City Center Mall?

Hey Hans, you're back! Come join us....
Guys please give direction.

heyfarooq and hexebella,

Thanks for the quick answers, all clear now. And I hereby confirm I will be joining!

Btw, according to Google maps, the roundabout even has a name and is called Burj As Sahwah Roundabout.

See u there at 7am, Friday morning.

Thanks all,

And later on I'll give the last update list of attendance..

Welcome hansvc  :)

Ammar

Any Plan B on the lunch? Maybe we can have a late lunch in Nizwa? What are  restaurants there now?

Hello,

We can have our lunch in the traditional Omani restaurant in Nizwa and it's better to be empty stomach i guess while we are driving down :)

And this is the first time we will see the place over there then next time we can arrange in the best way Im sure!

Guyz let us do that and everything will be fine I will do my best to make everything fine no worry
All The Best
Ammar

Hello Ammar and All freinds,

Please confirm last update for the last. We need to prepare the planning schedule. 

Regards
Bader

Sorry Friends! I cannot make it this time due to some unavoidable reasons... I will miss this trip very badly. Hope you guys will enjoy it the maximum  :)

Have a very nice trip. See you soon :)

Piya

too bad.

kaysarapiya wrote:

Sorry Friends! I cannot make it this time due to some unavoidable reasons... I will miss this trip very badly. Hope you guys will enjoy it the maximum  :)

Piya

We will miss you!

hexebella wrote:
kaysarapiya wrote:

Piya

We will miss you!

Me too  :sosad:

Bader Al Busaidi wrote:

Please confirm last update for the last. We need to prepare the planning schedule. 

Regards
Bader

@Piya: Too bad you cant make it..

@ammar : I trust you fully that you will do ur best to make this trip memorable.

Are we going from Nizwa or from Barkat - ul- mauwz?

As per me there are 7 people up till now.

Ammar, Hexe, Lau, Hansvc, Badr, Ramee & Me

heyfarooq wrote:
Bader Al Busaidi wrote:

Regards
Bader

@Piya: Too bad you cant make it..

@ammar : I trust you fully that you will do ur best to make this trip memorable.

Are we going from Nizwa or from Barkat - ul- mauwz?

As per me there are 7 people up till now.

Ammar, Hexe, Lau, Hansvc, Badr, Ramee & Me

Hey...there is Lourdes.....