Help us in our formalities

Hello.

My name is Jo, my hubby and I are at the moment living in France we have been here for nearly 15 years.

We think it's time for a change so Porto here we come.

We are both in our late fifties so we are not planning on working but if there is any voluntary work available I would be ready to do it.

Living abroad does not worry us. But the move has thrown up a few problems, like how do we get a financial number?
We think this is a tax number but we do not work and we can't rent an apartment without one.HELP

We also need to open a bank account and they also need this tax number HELP AGAIN.

Hi Jo,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I have created a new thread with your post on the Portugal forum for more visibility and for a better interaction with the other members.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Hi Jo,

Porto is my favourite place in Portugal we had a holiday home there for 4 years and then moved to central Portugal which is very different. We were really lucky in that our friend was the estate agent we brought the apartment from and he helped us. The first trip was to the financas and they sorted the financial  card out fro us. I opened my portuguese bank account in the millenium in London and then transferred to the Porto branch in Boavista.

They are lovely and really helpful if you want to discuss anything off the forum let me know we learnt so much about Porto and really wish we had brought there,

I am sure you will get some further good advice but best of luck

did you got it solved?